Garden Revamp Project

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by by_the_park, Apr 28, 2009.

1. by_the_park

by_the_park Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie here but thought I would share some photos of my garden project. Its about 8m*8m, north facing, and aside from a serious leaf problem (thanks to the huge beech trees and others nearby) it's pretty normal.

The first thing I want to do is re-turf and get rid of all the weeds around the edge of the garden. Then I want to lay a path and have some simple borders.

For the new turf I intend to remove all the topsoil, then level the site, add new topsoil, then dig, compact and then add seeded utility turf. The site doesnt seem to waterlog so I don't intend to add any drainage, except maybe a single channel of grit to take the water away from underneath my decking. Do people think its OK to do the whole process in late May / June - I know this is not the best time but will I face any serious problems?

OK so here are some pics! Can anyone spot anything worth saving? Any comments / ideas?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

S.:D

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hay S:D Ive replied to your Lawn thread, Hope it helps.. Its not a bad garden really, you could jetwash the Decking, Paint the fences, and lay your path towards the shed, redefine your borders and dig out the weeds etc, Looks like you need rails on your decking too, Now that should keep you buzy for a while :)

3. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like a nice size garden, not too big but big enough for a shed, lawn and some borders. Like YDD said maybe paint the fences

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Yeah, I agree with what's been said. Nice size, you'll have lots of fun doing it not to mention a sore back:)

cheers