1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Tax

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Jiffy, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +31,937
  2. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Wow, that's a big jump.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,867
    Good morning @Jiffy my friend its the Telegraph again I have read all the manifesto's from cover to cover and enjoy listening to all parties as far as I am aware this is only a floating idea and will never come to fruition,that is my belief anyway:old: I just like to see the truth in such matters whatever Manifesto they are in,ie Conservative/Labour/Liberal/Greens etc

It would depend on how the policy was actually designed. Labour has only committed to considering the idea, as have the Green and Liberal Democrat parties.,enjoy your day :smile:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,485
      That's the big problem with Manifestos nowadays. They don't really say anything. I listened to this 'garden tax' being discussed by politicians. At first the Labour politician said it was fair to raise a tax that way but quickly did a U-turn once he was pressed on it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
        At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
        Ratings:
        +49,605
        I still say there should be a 'None of the above' option on ballot papers, as the vast majority of people that I know will be voting for a person/party purely because they are the least worst that there is to choose from.

I still haven't a clue who to vote for - in fact, for the first time ever in a general election, I might not bother voting :noidea:

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • wiseowl

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,867
          One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors” ;)

Good morning @fat controller my friend I can well understand how you feel,but to vote is a no brainer for yours truly:old:

Of course, if you don’t feel aligned to any of the political parties then there is Blank Voting. Staying at home just makes you another statistic, it is presumed you are just uninterested, by actively going to the polling station and not selecting any candidate before submitting to the ballot box, you become a voice for the disengaged. Blank Votes and Spoiled Ballots are read out at the event which takes place on election night, after all the votes have been cast, in which the votes are counted and the results are announced.;)

A,senior political figure who shall remain nameless, but is currently mayor of London, once told me that on the final day of general election campaigning he had just enough time left to visit one of two places: a students’ hall of residence or an old people’s home. He chose the old people’s home.

The calculation was clear: it was in the old people’s home that he stood the better chance of meeting actual voters. To his credit, he knew something drastic needed to be done about this, but it was a sad acknowledgement that in politics the young are nowhere near the front of the queue.

Around 75% of people aged 65 and over will vote in this election; unless something thunderously radical happens in the next six weeks, only around 42% of 18- to 24-year-olds will do the same. The over-65s coming out to vote and the under-24s staying in has been the norm for the past few decades. This is why we’re now all hearing so much about the pros and cons of the triple lock on pensions but absolutely nothing about student fees and housing benefit the older electorate has become an effective voting lobby, more powerful than the gas industry. Because the over-65s turn out in such large numbers, every politician needs to court them and doesn’t want to utter a single word that will alienate them or drive any of them to political opponents.:whistle:

I am now going to take Penny accompanied by my hip flask for a long walk through the green and pleasant land,enjoy your day my friend:smile:

• Like Like x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
            Ratings:
            +31,937
            :dbgrtmb: I have to agree with that

At the mow i'm not voting

I like to know where i stand with any goverment/person, what they are going to do and what they are not going to do anything inbetween is fake news in my opinon things shouldn't be mention if they are not going to do them

If some one does bring in a garden tax, i'm going do to one of two things, build a house or plant Japese Knot weed as it will make the land worthless :snorky:

• Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
              Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
            • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
              Ratings:
              +85,976
              Jeremy Corbin is a crack pot, we all know that, it's just him and the Unions that hasn't worked it out yet (even most of the labour lot know he is a joke).

All political parties come out with rubbish, they leak it, see what shite comes their way and drop it like a hot brick.

• Agree Agree x 2
              • Creative Creative x 1
              • wiseowl

Philosophy of people
                Ratings:
                +89,867
                Good evening @pete my friend well at least you are consistent:lunapic 130165696578242 5::sofa:

when I see Jeremy I will tell him that its nothing personal as you don't like any of them:heehee:

2.(Arn't you forgetting the Lid/Dems?
                That little weasel wants another referendum and when he wins this coming election I'm sure we will get one.:snorky:)

3.(This is going to sound bad, but if it came down to it I'd go for Corbyn over Farron, (thanks I wondered what his name was), at least Corbyn is following a deluded principle and is not trying to be popular :snork:, and succeeding quite well.)

4.(Farron is just spouting what he thinks will make him sound good and appeal to a disillusioned voter.)

2,( Just watched some of it and had to turn it off.
                Sorry but they all know exactly what needs to be done.

The point they seem to miss is so do we.:biggrin:

It's just that doing it is the big problem.

Really cant see the point of this kind of thing.
                I could go up there and say what I think needs to be done, but I wouldn't be able to achieve it.)

• Funny Funny x 3
                • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
                  Ratings:
                  +118,485
                  I keep telling you not to beat around the bush and to say what you really think! :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Funny Funny x 6
                  • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
                    Ratings:
                    +85,976
                    Thanks for reminding me @wiseowl , I take none of it back and when you see your old mate Jeremy you can tell him.:smile:

I still put a deluded crack pot above a weasel any day .:snork:

• Funny Funny x 1
                    • blacktulip

blacktulip Gardener

Ratings:
                      +228
                      Well, good thing they are not going to win.