Gardeners World

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by redfifi1717, Mar 3, 2006.

1. redfifi1717

redfifi1717 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I did enjoy tonights programme about allotments! What super veg they all turned out for the show....it makes me want to get out there and grow some too!
    It was nice to see the 'ordinary gardener' giving Monty Don a bit of gardening advice and tips too!

2. LC

LC Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely agree redfifi, and how wonderful to see the Birmingham allotment as a community with people from such diverse backgrounds! It has however given me a problem this weekend - cricket vs garden!!!

3. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    LC - take the radio outside with you!!! :rolleyes:

4. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Twas a lovely programme, with some real characters too. I wonder what that gooseberry juice tasted like. :D Sadly so many allotments are being lost to developers - once gone they can not be replaced and another piece of community spirit disappears under concrete.

[ 05. March 2006, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Fran ]

5. DavieM

DavieM Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking forword to this years shows starting at end of the month. Always watch it, best gardening show on box.