Geoff Hamilton DVD and others

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Louise, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Louise

Louise Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    I bought last year a Geoff Hamilton dvd because I had watched it almost 20 years ago and whilst I thought he was good and I enjoyed watching him, I really bought it as I remembered some of the old gardening people he featured on his cottage gardens DVD eg Hannah at owl cottage, Isle of Wight but most fondly recalled George Flatt from Suffolk.
    I decided to try George's method of just sticking things in the ground, and really pleased that all my rose cuttings and hydrangea cuttings have taken with no extra help whatsover. I will probably have to give some away which is a nice thing to be able to do .
    If I were to buy a new DVD I'd propably opt for one by Monty Don, any one got anything by him and if so what do you think?

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,806
    Hi Louise I have almost every Video and Dvd that Geoff Hamilton Recorded,and they continue to get me through the Winter Months:)
    sorry can,t advise on Monty Don,but I am sure he is just as popular to a different generation:old::)

Have read this Book and I personally found it quite enlightening:thmb:
    [​IMG]

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Crumbs, was it really 20 yrs ago? The time flies.

4. Hartley Botanic

Hartley Botanic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd trust anything with Monty Don's name on it :thumb: