Goji Berry, Leaves turning white

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Roundup, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Roundup

Roundup Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Just wondered if anyone could shed some light on this problem, I have a Goji Berry and all the large leaves turned white and dropped off, I could rub the leaves and rub it off but I left them to go white and eventually they all dropped off and new leaves came and then it happened again, I have given the plant a really large pot which I will leave it in for good, some leaves still look a bit white but is now flowering, was it too much water? too small a pot? Was it leaf mould and what are the most common causes?

Looking foward to some superfruit!.

Looking forward to your answers also:thumb:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    Hi Roundup.. :scratch: I wish I could help you, but sadly have no idea why it should happen.. Can you post a photo or two so we can see.. There are a few members on here growing them I know.. I hope maybe someone else can shed some light on it for you... Over watering does seem to be a huge problem for them though as they are drought tolerant plants..... It would show in the leaves as well if it was over watering...
    :scratch:They are the same family as Tomatoes & potatoes the Solanaceae family so it could be powdery mildew I suppose.. Not sure about that but a thought to consider perhaps...

I did find these bits of info though..
    http://www.buygojiberriesonline.co.uk/growing-goji/growing-goji-berries.html

http://www.buygojiberriesonline.co.uk/growing-goji/growing-goji-berries.html

3. Roundup

Roundup Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks MF for replying, I had a look at it yesterday and its gone back to looking healthy..for now!.

Thanks for the links, It says to change some of the soil each year, A neighbour works with a company that takes turkey manure from local farms (this is bootifull Naarfolk:lollol:), I can have some if i need it, would it work if i dug a litle in with some new soil next year?

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    Hi Roundup, it might help, but you must make sure it is well rotted & not too much... Glad it is looking healthy again though... :thumb: