goosgogs

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by chitting kaz, May 17, 2011.

1. chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,616
    ok :help: please

i bought goosberry bush but grandson helped water it every day and i think it was watered to death :cry3:

so i have bought an other one it has been planted in large pot for about two months now, the young shoots that were on it have greened up nicely but since i have had no new growth, ( i bought rasberry and redcurrant bushes at the same time but they have just taken off both doing really well )

so what am i doing wrong with the goosgog ?
    :love30: ever so great full for any help on this

2. joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,386
    i bought a jostaberry last yr n planted it in the garden its getting fruit now but i have no idea about fruit bushes sorry :dunno: x

• Like Like x 1
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +23,862
      Patience! They can take a while to get comfy in their new home and start growing strongly. It will be establishing roots and then will begin growing more as it all heats up properly.

• Like Like x 1
      • chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,616
        thanks andy
        i will tell my husband he will have to wait for his goosgog crumble :heehee:

• AngelicaWinters

AngelicaWinters Apprentice Gardener

Aldi store assistant
        Ratings:
        +1
        I bought a red gooseberry bush at about the same time you posted this. How's it doing now? Mine seems to have stopped growing again for a bit. It more or less quadrupled in height over the last month or so though so I think it may just be past its season but it's started to get a bit brown in the edges of the leaves. Have you experienced anything similar?