Greedy-guts Madam B (AKA Bramble)

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Honey Bee, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    got home from work to find 3/4 of a polystyrene tray and the cling film from a one pound tray of mince I had left out to thaw, on the kitchen floor - minus the mince.
    Madam B (a Cocker Spaniel too short to reach the worktop) must have climbed onto a box, up onto the worktop, over the cooker to get it....

she is now on the floor groaning, so I expect she has a tummy ache, which I'm going to have to observe incase we have to go to the vets tonight.....

oh, and her breakfast is untouched in her bowl.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Honey bee, many years ago we had a dog lassie collie, I made a 10" b'day cake for a friend,left it on top of work table and went to work , when I returned home cake was missing. I gave my two sons a right ticking off for eating the cake and they swore blind they didnt. when I went to feed the dog he would'nt eat his food. he had eaten paper and all.

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    How about a dog eating the entire contents of a large zinc and castor oil tub? And apparently no ill effects whatsoever :eek: She must have had a cast iron stomach lining! :D

Hope Bramble doesn't spend the night throwing up, just to add insult to injury, HoneyBee!

4. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good luck with Bramble HB - and the polystyrene causes no problem. You just can't turn your back on 'em can you :D

5. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    HB - they know how to help themselves if they smell something nice. It's been 3 days now and you haven't said how Bramble is, hope she is OK?

FANCY - your story gave me a chuckle, did you manage to bake and decorate another cake in time for your friend's birthday?

6. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    sorry - forgot to update you all...

well, she was absolutely fine - except she was howling at 3am, so I charged downstairs and she shot outside.... came back a few minutes later and went back to bed....

a few days later, I got 2 packs of rolls out the freezer, put them on the worktop, when I got home there was only one.... :rolleyes: - and the plastic wrapper on the floor....

STILL haven't worked out how she got them....

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Glad she was ok, HB! Dogs...... worse than kids sometimes!

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Yep know the situation well HB.. [​IMG]