Greenhouse cheap at Focus DIY

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Steve R, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    8ft x 6ft aluminium framed greenhouse with horticultural glass. was £249, now with 25% off they are £186.75.

If your interested in buying one of these then go to focus diy and look for the "Advantage Card" leaflet at the help desk, this is for homemovers and offers a further 10% off the price of the greenhouse. Making a final total of £168.07

If anyone is looking for a cheap decent sized starter greenhouse, this has to be the deal of the year.

Oh yeah, I just ordered one :D..It will pick it up in a week to ten days. Gives me some time to do the groundwork for it.

Steve...:)

2. T Digger

T Digger Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the same thing from Focus two years ago for about £150, which at the time was also a really good deal, the final price included a further 10% off for the over 60's which I was given without the lady at the till enquiring about my age, grrrrrrrrr. It has withstood the finest sou'westers that Cornwall has to offer since it was built so I am happy with it and as Steve R says, a good opportunity at the current price for anyone thinking about buying.

3. Prastio

Prastio Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't find that offer on their website. Is it only available in-store?

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Steve the 10% home movers discount card was so great for us when we first moved into our present home 2 years ago to say we abused the system is an understatement.

I'm not sure if Focus will still do what they did for us (what with quite a few of the stores closing down last year) but 'they' extended our card for a month or so after the 12 months was up and gave us 20% of everything instead of the normal 10% and once again we went mental!

I would recommend you keeping some pennies to one side near the end of your 12 months just in case the 20% offer is still rolling.Hel.xxx.

5. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Steve did you get the greenhouse yet?

6. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    bob I dont suppose you noticed if they did any smaller ones per chance?

7. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    bob, I would love to hear what you think of it when you get it and erect it so would you post us when you do plz? Also what exactly does the base thats not supplied do? i want a greenhouse to go onto concrete flags so will I still need a base? Oh and lastly how much was the base plz?

8. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Bob ... I am laughing at the idea of seperates. Do you honestly think it will look like a greenhouse when I have finished with it ...lol. I put a bar b que together once which ended up looking like an incinerator. Keep us posted tho wont you :thumb:

9. T Digger

T Digger Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    For my Focus greenhouse, I made a concrete base because I live in an area which is exposed to high winds, the greenhouse frame is fixed to the concrete using self tapping bolts specially made for brick or concrete. If you have a level and flat surface you don't have to have a base and if it's a sheltered spot the greenhouse could be free standing but it's safer to anchor it down and it's easy if you use the self tappers, just drill a hole and as you turn the bolt head it cuts it's own thread and winds itself in.

10. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Yes you can buy the base for £69 if you want to, I declined and was told I would need to raise it for the clearance so a couple of courses of bricks will do that admirably.

As usual for me, they will be recycled bricks which I will be collecting in the morning.

The greenhouse is due in, in store this next week but I am in no real rush to get it erected as I still have a lot of groundwork to do yet to make an area and lay some slabs, couple of courses of bricks etc.

Its finding dry days at the moment to get out and get stuck in thats holding me up as I have quite a bit of digging to do yet, a fence to build, shed to move, couple of overgrown shrubs to dig out. I'll be posting to my garden project (link below) in the next day or so what I'm upto with some photo's of the mess that needs sorting out.

Steve...:)

11. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ok Bob we well I want regular updates and pics please so I can copy you if i ever get one

12. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent job Bob. well done...:thumb: funnily enough I measured my weeny space out of curiosity only this morning. I assmed I had 4ft depth so I was going to go for a 4 x 6 and position it sideways so to speak. I am so glad I didnt order one as the paved area isnt 4ft its only about 3ft 8ins eek! Oh well thats saved me a few bob Bob :) Errrrrr I wold like updates plz as you start to fill it and pics of course. I may as well luxuriate in yours if ya dont mind :o:D
    Once again very nice jobs looks brill :)