Greenwich Park Rose Garden

Discussion in 'Roses' started by wiseowl, Jul 17, 2010.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,809
    Hi everyone yesterday I went to Greenwich Park Rose garden,Such a lovely garden,containing 30,000 Roses and 400 varieties:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    You were in my manor Woo! :) I hope you had a lovely day. You can get very delicious ice creams in the park!

That park is one of my favourite places in the world. Ive spent hours rolling down the hills, cartwheeling down from the Observatory and Im a member of a local Rowing club. I went to school a heart beat away from there, in fact my prep school class and I were firmly asked to leave the Maritime Museum after a particularly raucous game of 'it.'

Did you go for lunch/ dinner in the town centre? Or picnic in the park?

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    Oh Woo a wonderful place to go.! It looks like you were blessed with plenty of colourful blooms too.. You must have had a wonderful time walking around looking at them all.. Did you see a new rose that you now have to get..? :D Thanks for sharing Woo...

I have not been to the rose garden but used to know the Park well many years ago.. Didn't roll down the hills like you Melinda :hehe: but spent many happy hours there..

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,809
    Good morning Melinda and Marly thank you for your lovely comments,they are very much appreciated:)Marley this is is the one I have to get :D Dark Lady had the strongest scent I have ever experienced with a rose,the aroma could be sensed from about 30 yards away:)

Melinda this is where we sat and had a little picnic and I took this photo.:)

[​IMG]

Dark Lady
    [​IMG]