Groupon plants?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by fiwen30, Mar 24, 2016.

1. fiwen30

fiwen30 Gardener

Ratings:
    +74
    There's currently a Groupon offer on for lavenders, either 24, 48 or 72 plants. No use for me, as its mainland shipping only, but has anyone ever ordered plants from Groupon and are they any good?
    I quite like the idea of so many lavender to create a low hedge, but Groupon are selling theirs as plugs - how on earth does one grow up 72 lavender plugs?

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,892
    Sorry I can't help with Groupon, but I don't live on the mainland anyway.

I have always grown my own lavender from seed and it grows surprisingly quickly. From seed to flowering quite often in the first year. :)

Once the plugs are potted on they can be kept outside on a patio or similar until ready for planting. When they are acclimatised to outside temperatures they are quite hardy.

• Like Like x 1
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      I personally had a significant fall out with groupon. I bought something from them. It turned out to be rubbish. I put it down to one off bad luck. I bought something else. Same again. vi bought a third thing. The estimated delivery time came and went. I tried to contact them. Communication was vague and tiresome. Eventually, more than 2 weeks later, the item arrived. It was utter, utter rubbish. I closed my account with them.

I'm sure others have had more luck.

• Like Like x 1
      • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
        "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
        Ratings:
        +4,445
        No quibble with group on, had several items good service, 1 item broken, contacted them and returned no problems.
        Found the offer , supplied by Van Meuwen, group on is the middle man so to speak, might be cheaper direct
        Been rooting in the re-cycling for a T&M code for another thread, found one for Van Meuwen £5 off next order, VMMP18 expires 31st May.