Hampton Court Palace

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by Blackthorn, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all, my son is working at Hampton Court restoring part of the Palace at the moment, so I just thought that you would like to see a couple of pics from a position most people never get to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Such a gorgeous Palace - I havent been for years but love to go in the spring when the daffs are out! Thanks for sharing the pics [​IMG] Youre son's very lucky to be working there - what does he do?

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Definitely a privilege to see things from a different angle!! I've been there a few times over the years - a great place to visit.

4. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Marge - he works for a company that restores old buildings using traditional methods and materials. He usually works on stone churches, watermills and the like so this is the first brick building he has worked on. He is still learning, being 24 yrs old, but is enjoying it and is getting the chance to learn lots of different skills.
    I have never been there myself but spring sounds like a good time to go - if I get time. [​IMG]

5. Jack by the hedge

Jack by the hedge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a few years since I've been there. The last time was during the Spring and I remember there was a most unusual, beautiful tree with strange blossoms growing, I think, near a tennis court (perhaps my memory is playing tricks about this, though). Has anybody else noticed this? I've often wondered what sort of tree this was.