Have I killed some lawn with mould spray?!

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Simon M, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Simon M

Simon M Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello! Our lawn has generally been ok but recently I was cleaning the kids play house with a bucket of warm fairy liquid and a pressure washer and there was a bit of stubborn mould on there. I used a few squirts of Polycell 3 in 1 mould killer, then continued to pressure wash.
    Unfortunately since then there have been various patches where the lawn hasn't grown in quite a number of weeks (where it has grown in other areas). I was regularly watering the lawn to try and bring it back, and added some lawn thickener and covered with compost and kept moist but nothing growing.
    Any thoughts if I've caused a massive problem or if there's anything I can try please? Can post photos of the lawn if that would help.
    Any help very much appreciated

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,352
    Hi

I would say yes you have killed it plus the power washer has spread it about the lawn in droplet form as the one you used is for indoors use only plus its concentrated and mould is a plant just like grass ...

the sprays used on paving for mould lichen etc all state dont use on grass or let it seep into the grass on the edge of the paving as it will kill it.

I would leave as is until the spring then resow no point wasting time and energy and ££ ...

the winter rains should wash it all away

Spruce

3. Simon M

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Do you think in spring it's likely can just re-sow without doing anything else in terms of prep work in the affected areas?

4. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,352
    Hi

A cut then rake rake over (just lightly to break up the surface soil) hand remove any weeds then sow the seeds .. nothing else ...

Winter rain will wash any " Polycell 3 in 1 mould killer" out of the soil.

Spruce

ps welcome to the forum

5. Simon M

Ratings:
    +1
    Great, thanks again and for the welcome :)

• Like Like x 1