Hello from Menston, Yorkshire.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by funkyhed, Aug 7, 2009.

1. funkyhed

funkyhed Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everoyne,

Have just moved to a lovely home in Menston and it has a front and rear garden. Both similar as in they are squares of grass with flowers/plants (and currently weeds!) growing around the grass.

I have never done any gardening before but would love to start and already have some nice flowers and plants growing, just weeds are taking over them!

Nextdoor have a similar garden, except theres is amazing, full of different plants and flowers, nice jet black soil and is well maintained. I want mine to be like that!

Neighbours are really nice and have offered some tips, but I don't want to keep bothering them and would like to have a good go on my own to be honest.

I will post in the beginners forum and see what tips I can get to tackle the garden. Maybe I should take a photo and someone maybe able to tell me what type of plants I have etc. I don't really know names of flowers/plants so need to learn and recognise what are weeds and what aren't!

Thanks

2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Welcome to funkyhead from West Yorkshire from robert of North Yorkshire.
    Enjoy your stay with GC

3. strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Funkyhead, Welcome to the forum. With the advice of everyone here, you'll soon have a garden that's the envy of your neighbour. Of course, you'll still have to do all the work, that is unless he?she is willing to give you a hand.:hehe:

4. newtothisgardeninglark

newtothisgardeninglark Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I'm new to this too so no tips i'm afraid but welcome to the site.
    Clare, Berkshire