Hello from soon to be somerset!! edible container gardening

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by thedropp, Jun 2, 2008.

1. thedropp

thedropp Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG][/img]
    Hiya, well i hope the image works!! it's my first try.
    If it has, you will see my design for growing runner beans, without digging in the garden.
    I live in a rented house at the momment and maily have concrete to grow on!! So most of my gardening is confined to containers. The house is oppisite an industrial estate and i have found that, if you ask, most companies will let you take pallettes. without sounding like too much of a nutter, hopefully, it's amazing what u can make out of pallettes!! I made a compost heap, a workbench for the shed, a recycling store and raised the floor of the garage, to help prevent damp!!
    The garden has a fantastic view, but is mostly grass and paths.
    I come from a very keen gardening family and as the years go by, i find myself more interested. My parents and both my grandparents were keen vegetable gardeners and i grew up eating a wide range of home grown vegetables.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for container growing vegetables?

=)

2. thedropp

thedropp Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Bah, it's gone wrong, anyone know what i might have got wrong? As i say, i'm new to photobucket and i'm sure i've added the correct address!!

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi thedropp welcome to the forum, in photobucket copy the direct link address, above the g c message box click the yellow box with the two hills,paste your link in message box that pops up,that should do it.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG] to the forum The Dropp sounds as if you're going to have an awful lot of fun following in the footsteps of both your parents and grandparents but then again I'm sure some of their greenfingered genes got passed on to you.:D

Photobucket is really easy once you have uploaded your picture into your account just click on IMG CODE data in the box and watch the text go bluey/grey and press copy then just paste it into your posts quite easy really when you get the hang of it.Good luck.Hel.xxx.

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Droppy!

Pallets make excellent compost heaps!

Good luck with your relocation - Somerset is a beautiful county!

Enjoy yourself here at GC

Kath :)

6. Slinky

Slinky Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to G.c thedropp,make yourself at home:thumb::):thumb:

7. David_Schmavid

David_Schmavid Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you upturn the pallets and stick concrete in the bottom then i take it?