Hello from Wiltshire

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Selina59, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Selina59

Selina59 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! *waves* I'm Selina, I'm 26 and I live in Chippenham in Wiltshire.

My passion for gardening comes from my father, he passed away almost 5 years ago now and the responsibility for the family garden fell to me. I've battled with it for the past 4 years (I have NO idea how my dad organised things!) and this year I've decided to get strict with myself and have drawn a design, incorporating raised beds, a pond and perhaps laying a path. I want to be able to do something that I hope my dad would be proud of me for, I feel like I've failed the last few years and am worried that he'd think he hadn't taught me anything! Maybe I'll try and post pics of how I get on and keep you updated - that will keep me determined aswell in case I start to lose focus or if things get too difficult! :heehee:

This weekend will mark the start of the new project! I'll just be clearing the beds that we have at the moment and if I get time, I'll do a bit of pruning and tidying of the hedges, shrubs and trees (it's not too late is it?!) That question is exactly the reason I joined the forum, I was hoping that fellow gardeners may help me if I get stuck haha!

Sorry for a bit of a long post! Take Care everyone and Happy Gardening! Selina xx :)

2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Hi to Selina and welcome to GC
    Enjoy your stay.

Robert of Yorkshire

3. Tropical_Gaz

Tropical_Gaz Gardener

Ratings:
    +245
  4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  5. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    Hi Selina, welcome to Gardeners Corner. It sounds like you've got some good plans and ideas for the garden so it will keep you busy! No, it's not too late to prune so carry on and cut away. Keep us all up to date on your progress and you'll find there's a lot of experienced gardeners here only too willing to help you out with any questions. Good Luck!!

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Selina.. Sounds like you are going to be busy this year then.. We are a friendly bunch on here & always ready for those questions.... Look forward to seeing you around... :thumbsup:

7. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0

And theres me.

Welcome Selina.

8. m1dnv

m1dnv Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Selina
    welcome to the forums and I am so happy to read your intention for the garden and the inspiration your father gave you to do it. Anything you are unsure of at all, will no-doubt get quickly answered on here
    looking forwards to you posting pictures and asking for opinions so enjoy the exciting future ahead:thumb: