Hello, i have an amazing 10 year old Red Robin hedge, but three plants seem to be diseased?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Els, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Els

Els Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i have an amazing 10 year old Red Robin hedge, but three plants seem to be diseased?

Their leaves have darkend and drooped? Is there any remedial help i can give or is it too late, sorry i am not that experienced, yet the hedge @ 100ft had been doing very well, it stands between 5 foot and 6 foot and grows infront of the neighbours fence. Our gearden is south facing, although the hedge on one side would be west facing, many thanks for your help and time, really appretiated.

I have attatched a picture of both the unhealthy and healthy ones, many thanks again.

IMG_5585[1].JPG IMG_5586[1].JPG

2. AnniD

AnniD Gardener

Ratings:
    +512
    I'm wondering if it might be Fireblight ? Is there anything watery coming from the branches (a kind of brown/red colour)?

3. Els

Els Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi no residue, but on closer inspection there are some black spots?

IMG_5590[1].JPG

4. AnniD

AnniD Gardener

Ratings:
    +512
    In that case, maybe something called Photinia leaf spot. If the plants have been under stress due to the extremes of weather (hot dry summers and wet winters), this makes them more susceptible.
    If your plants have been healthy up until now, the weather over the last 2 or 3 years might well have played a part.
    I've attached a link that may help, but there are other websites available if you do a quick search . See what you think :).
    Photinia Red Robin Problems Pests and Diseases

• Agree Agree x 1