Help! I don't know what it is but it's invading!!

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by notsogreenfingered, Jul 19, 2010.

1. notsogreenfingered

notsogreenfingered Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm really new to gardening in general but I'm trying to get it all in order (i never realised how much hard work it was going to be lol) and my lawn has been invaded! It's covered in this viny type plant with black leaves that have curled themselves up into a baton type shape, i've been trying to find out what it is but with no success. I am a complete and utter novice and would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what this is.

Thank you

2. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Hi there and welcome to Gardeners' Corner. New gardens can be hard work, especially if they've been left to go to pot for a while, but once you've got your garden into a reasonable state you'll find it much easier to keep it looking good.

Could you post a picture of your invader? This would help us to identify the culprit.

3. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Good evening and welcome to the site. As Clara says, we really do need a pic of your problem plant.:thumb: