Help! Ideas needed for overgrown area!

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by stacym, Jul 18, 2018.

1. stacym

stacym Gardener

Ratings:
    +44
    Hi,

I’m currently in the process of clearing the unused area of our garden. It was fenced off when we moved in to secure the garden for the dogs. We no longer have the dogs so I decided it was time to get on with this area.
    We have spent a lot on the main area of the garden this year so needs to be done in a very tight budget.

I think I want to keep it enclosed as a sort of chill out area for myself and husband.

I’m clearing it alone and have young children so this is going to be very time consuming. In 3 weeks I’ve made a good start but would like some ideas so I know what I’m aiming for.

All ideas gratefully received.

Attached Files:

2. Mike77

Mike77 Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    I have so far found sections of wildflowers are useful. Low cost as you start from seed. Very minimal upkeep in terms of weeding etc. Very attractive to wildlife and very nice to look at. Some seed mixes include scented flowers. So potentially a nice chill out area with a nice scented wildflower section.

• Like Like x 1
    • stacym

stacym Gardener

Ratings:
      +44
      I have some buddleia, lupins and a few other bits to go in.
      I want to attract as much wildlife as possible so will be using some of the cut offs for a bug hotel and hedgehog houses.