Help leveling soil

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by bigbore, Aug 28, 2015.

1. bigbore

bigbore Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +778
    I have a sleeper box that is 16ft x 10ft that I will be turfing next week, at the minute I'm stuck at a loose end trying to get the soil level. Please can I have some tips on how to do this as at the minute I'm running round in circles chasing my tail

2. Loki

Loki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,092
    Ooh intrigued, can we have pics? I'm guessing this is going to be a lawn? Unfortunately I'm not being much help am I? :redface:
    If it is to be a lawn, depending on the depth I would say plenty of hardcore for drainage before adding topsoil (sounds like you're at this point) after that just lots of stamping and refilling. I have a smallish raised bed and it sinks terribly, needs topping up every year. Hope this helps and good luck, I just love your garden and your vision for it:dbgrtmb:

3. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,887
    Tie some rope to a ladder or length of timber on it's edge and drag it across the soil. You'll have to loosen the top of the soil first for it work. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • bigbore

bigbore Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +778
      A ladder, why didn't I think of that. Many thanks for that

Jamie

• Friendly Friendly x 1