1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with peach tree

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by SimonK, Mar 5, 2017.

1. SimonK

SimonK Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I noticed last summer that the leaves on our peach tree appeared to blister, and had a look at the stump this week and it doesn't look great (see attached photo). Should I be concerned?
    Thanks, Simon
    WP_20170304_15_41_23_Pro.jpg

2. FloraPie

FloraPie Gardener

Ratings:
    +295
    Hi @SimonK , that looks like Monolinia fructicola to me and otherwise known as brown rot fungus. And yes, I'd be concerned if I was you.

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,488
    It's quite common for peach trees to come down with this often called gummosis, I think it's a kind of canker, not good really.
    Give it a google, it affects most of the prunus species.

The blistering of the leaves is likely to be down to peach leaf curl, another big problem for peaches but unconnected with the gum problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • FloraPie

FloraPie Gardener

Ratings:
      +295
      Checking things further.. I would have to agree with pete :heehee: Definitly looks like Brown rot gummosis, gummosis(noun)disease of citrus trees caused by the fungus Phytophthora citrophthora Source