Hel's movie heaven

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Helofadigger, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all as some of you will know I go to the movies every week and one of my GC friends (Newbie Green) suggested that I should start a movie thread and give my own views on the movies that I have seen.

I'll try not to give the game away just in case you decide to go and see the movie.

So here goes;
    THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (12a)- Matt Damon is back playing Bourne who having lost his memory
    is trying to find out who he really is.......plenty of action and you are left in no doubt that Bourne is one hell of a tough dude!
    If you liked the other Bourne movies you will love this.

I give this movie 9/10.

THE KINGDOM (15) - Jamie Foxx plays special agent Ronald Fleury, who has to head an elite team and go to Saudi Arabia to hunt down a terrorist mastermind who planned a horrible attack on Americas working there and they have only one week to do it.

A good strong cast and the story line is a real eye opener although the theme is quite unsettling.

I give this movie 10/10

THE INVASION - Nicole Kidman & Daniel Craig (the new James Bond) play the lead roles.
    The movie is based on The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.
    Kidman plays a mum who is also a psychiatrist trying to get her child back from her ex who has been changed by a deadly virus that is taking over the world.

Didn't think I would enjoy this movie more than the Donald Sutherland one from the 70's but I did, pretty good film no 'slow parts' which some movies have and for that alone I'll give it 10/10
    THE HEARTBREAK KID (15)- Ben Stiller plays Eddie who just can't settle down until he meets Lila whom he marries after a week. While they are on their honeymoon Lila's true nature comes out and Eddie doesn't like what he sees.
    On his honeymoon he meets Miranda who is the perfect girl for him but what about his wife!

Unwarranted nudity and not very funny 4/10
    THE BRAVE ONE (18)
    Jodie Foster has the lead playing Erica who changes her life after the death of her fiance (the lovely Naveen Andrews of Lost fame) from a brutal attack.
    Battered and bruised she shapes up to be a killing machine a kind of Deathwish but ladies style.

A little bit long in the tooth but the twist at the end makes up for it.

Rated 8/10
    Superbad (15)
    A pair of luckless teenagers Seth and Evan have been pals forever but now they have to go to different colleges
    Evan is the sweet youth while his buddy Seth only has one thing on his mind and it's not his studies!

I thought this would be a funny film okay there are funny moments but it's a bit too much for me hearing young guys coming out with the things that Evan says.

Not really funny 3/10
    RUN FAT BOY RUN (12A)

Simon Pegg plays the lead role, his character leaves his fiancee pregnant on their wedding day.
    10 years later she's going to marry someone else much to Fat Boy's horror he loves her and wants her back so in order to do so he'll run a marathon!

If you like Siomn's other films then you are sure to like this one. 7/10
    RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION (15)

Milla Jovovich returns as Alice she's been genetically altered, with super-human strengths, senses and dexterity by the Umbrella Corporation.
    Great zombie film full of action if you liked the other movies you're sure to like this one!
    9/10

MR.WOODCOCK (12a)

Seann William Scott plays John Farley, a self-help author who returns to his hometown only to discover that his mother has fallen in love with his old high school gym teacher Mr. Woodcock who made John suffer endless mental and physical humiliation.
    John sets out to stop his mother from marrying the man who made his schoollife miserable.

Billy Bob plays the title role very well and is not too bad of a comedy. 7/10
    I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK AND LARRY (12a)
    A great buddy film with Adam Sandler(Chuck) and Kevin James (Larry)playing firemen.
    Larry's insurance is all mixed up since loosing his wife as only a legal partner can be named on his life insurance and as Chuck owes Larry a big favour thay have to get married!

Pretty good the guys do fight like a married couple and some of the lines are priceless! 8/10

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    HALLOWEEN (18)

This movie tells the tale of the deranged Michael Myers from being a young boy to adulthood, even as a young boy he had a thing about wearing masks.
    Plenty of blood and gore the classic tale retold.
    (9/10)
    BLACK SHEEP (15)
    Two brothers brought up on a sheep farm young Henry has always been terrified of sheep since a horrific stunt played on him by his jealous brother Angus.
    Henry left home and only returns to the farm to sell out to his brother but he finds out his brother has been using the sheep on a genetic engineering program.

Plenty of laughs but it's one of those films that you feel uneasy laughing to and doesn't have a flow it. 2/10
    Helen.xxx.

3. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    You watched all these in a week !!!!! ;) Cheers...freddy.

4. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    very helpfull helen we love films in our house.. our very own johnathan woss :D Have you had a lie in?

5. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Looking forward to seeing RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Freddy no not really but I do try to watch 5 movies or so a week, sadly I'ave missed a few films that I wanted to watch such as 'War' to name but one.

I have only listed the films that are still available to see at my local Cineworld but I'ave seen a great deal more than listed above.

Not much to see on the old telly anymore for us so we go to the movies instead.

We did have the full package from 'Sky' but there's nothing much showing there so stopped that and got a Cineworld pass for �£10.99 each per month (it's just gone up to �£11.99 now but not for us yet) and as you can imagine we make the most of it!

Hi Dee a lay in :confused: if only that was true still not sorted yet just look at the time of this post!

BM you should enjoy RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION plenty of blood and gore, I'm looking forward seeing another Zombie flick called 'Planet Terror' it looks so very hammy.....one woman who has had one leg chopped off has it replaced with a gun and I do believe she's not even a Zombie!
    Helen.xxx.

7. NewbieGreen

NewbieGreen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oooo, excellent.

I think we will be off to see THE INVASION in the next fortnight i reckon. :D

8. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Yes thats QT's new film, looking forward to that. Body Snatchers has been remade before, will be interesting to see this attempt.

9. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Helen sorry your still not sleeping, hope the doc can sort you out [​IMG] or maybe if you watch planet terror (seen it)you might get some Zzzzzzs... Its soooooo hammy, is it supposed to be a comedy [​IMG] WARS good [​IMG] great twist in the end.. :eek:

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope to goodness Newbie that you like Invasion or you might never 'speak' to me again! :eek:

From Friday there are at least 4 new films out that I would like to see and they are as follows;
    Rendition.
    Stardust.
    The dark is rising.
    The last legion

And if I get bored I might see Daddy day camp and Nancy Drew.

In next to no time you will see a pattern developing on what I like most to see at the movies.

My favourites are mostly blood and gore/slasher movies, comedies, thrillers and some kids stuff.....hey we all don't have to grow up quick!

Regarding chick flicks if you see any listed here then you know Bob's dragged me off to see one he likes them but they are not my cup of tea at all...... but if I rate it over 5 you're know it's a cracking good one! :D
    Helen.xxx.

11. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    What did you think of The Devils Rejects Helofadigger, I thought it was a bit lacking ?

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi BM I have a confession to make I haven't seen The Devils Rejects it was one of those films I missed but I did hear it wasn't up to much.

Hopefully later on today I'll be seeing Stardust and Mr.Brooks that's if I can sit still long enough to do a 'double'. :D
    Helen.xxx.

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys managed to see the 2 films yesterday and my views are as follows;

MR.BROOKS (18) - Kevin Costner stars in the title role as Mr.Brooks the man who has the perfect life very rich,a likable man with a happy marriage but who also has a dirty little secret..... a serial killing alter ego play by William Hurt.

Should have been a brilliant story line that plays along with the alter ego similar to 'Fight Club' but sadly couldn't match it at all.

One good scene which involved his 'fan' but that's about it. 4/10

STARDUST (PG)

A good mystical adventure staring Charlie Cox as Tristan who must obtain a fallen star to win his true love Victoria's heart played by Sienna Miller.

Thought it was just an adventure film but it turns out to be a chick flick :eek:

Good alround film loads of money spent on it and it shows, one that most of the family should enjoy although the 'witches' might be a little scary looking for the little ones.

One to see even just for the heartless Captain Shakespeare played by Mr.De Niro his part is so hilarious it will have you screaming with laughter and it is because of Robert De Niro's part I give this 10/10!
    Helen.xxx.

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    THE DARK IS RISING (12a)
    All about a young boy called Will Stanton who learns he is the last of the 'old ones' who are immortal warriors and their job is to save the human race from the forces of evil the 'Dark'. Will is the Sign-Seeker and has to travel though time to collect six magical signs needed for the fight against the Dark.

I so wanted this to be a good film but sadly found myself twiddling my thumbs after twenty minutes takes far too long to get going which is a great shame as it stars the very cute Ian Mcshane. 4/10
    Helen.xxx.

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    no wonder ya bum is always sore if your sat at the flix all week in them orrible chairs :D told lady imp to get some pop corn on the shopping list for this week.. save us a fortune this page helen ..why go to the flix when you can go for us.very good idea anytime we want to go to the pics we will find out if its worth watching first [​IMG]