Heronswood

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by redstar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,537
    Heronswood Garden in Washington State. It is the wonderful, a normal garden, cozy and full of color, even in shade. Wonderful walking paths with hidden gems every turn. Not sure yet how to post a picture correctly.

2. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +11,537
    Here is a picture of the garden (I hope)

[​IMG]

3. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    It looks a lovely place,Redstar. I tried to find it on Virtual Earth but drew a blank. Might it go under another name?
    Your own location, Chester County, caught my eye as I live close to Chester,UK. I was amazed to find many of our local English and Welsh names very close to you. Gwynedd is the next county to the one I live in and I've many times ridden my horse through the Berwyn Hills. Time goes on as it does and I found myself still studying the geography of the area around Philladelphia (I hope I've spelt that right) at 4 am this morning :) I finished off tracing the route of the Husquehanna River, on which stands my old hometown's namesake, Liverpool. Fascinating stuff :)

4. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Ratings:
    +11,537
    If you google Heronswood Gardens Washington State USA, lots of stuff will come up. Unfortunately it did close about 2 -3 years ago. I was lucky and probably got to see it before selling. Burpee Seed company bought it. If you go down the google list maybe there are more pictures. But it was a loss. You can still buy online, but it is a subsidiary to Burpee. My area was settled long ago by English and also American Indians lived here. The area has lots of historic features which are strongly supported. Have you explored the Google street views part, it does not change, and it is'nt everywhere, but neat when you run across it.