Hi everyone...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by carrie, Sep 25, 2007.

1. carrie

carrie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ...another newbie! Hurrah!
    I just bought my first house and am very very excited about the prospect of getting stuck into the garden. I have absolutely no idea what i am doing and quite frankly am probably a danger to the poor thing...that's why i've signed up here, i shall bore the pants off you with question after question...is grass the green stuff? Can you eat mud? That sort of thing. :confused:

2. NewbieGreen

NewbieGreen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome carrie,

I'm new to this gardening thing aswell, its really fun. You'll love it when your first flower blooms and first seeds germinate and all that.

3. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Carrie and welcome. (Of course you can eat mud, I'll send you some of Boss lady's cooking) :D

4. Sar

Sar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Carrie!

I'm a new home owner too - isn't it great! [​IMG]

I look forward to hearing your garden plans and seeing the progress.

I find the best thing to do is be the epitome of the experimental gardener (that's what I call myself, anyway) and just give everything a try [​IMG]

5. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Carrie,

A very warm welcome and congratulations on your first new home :D

I along with everyone else on the forum will look forward to helping with info in any way we can [​IMG]

Tip: always keep an eye on the exchanges section as i along with many others from time to time have seeds etc to give away. I have some Cordyline seeds and windmill palm seeds on there if you need/want any.

Have fun :D

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,486
    Hello, carrie, and welcome to GC.

Ask away ... there is always someone here to help.

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Welcome to g c carrie.

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Carrie always nice to have another newbie although we do have our very own 'Newbie' Newbie Green that is!

Bet you're dying to get 'stuck-in' just remember to wear old clothes because you do forget yourself and get pretty mucky...which adds to the fun although does look too attractive looking like a jungle woman!

I have a great recipe for mud pie you add loads of worms, a little slightly satled slug or two,one crushed snail and a little bit of water, a dash of relish, a oxo cube and a nice pastry top and sling it in the oven at 180 for 40 mins...oh dear that's my secret steak and kidney pie recipe! :eek:

Welcome to our wonderful friendly forum I'm sure you'll join in the fun and maybe even get an idea or two for your garden!
    Helen.xxx

9. carrie

carrie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you all for the warm welcome.

10. mef750

mef750 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Carrie and a very warm welcome to GC from me also, as you can see some of us have a good scence of humor as well.
    Maybe you could give Helen a few tips on cooking lol.