Hi from Chelmsford

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Julia1958, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Julia1958

Julia1958 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I should have said hello before blurting in with my question - sorry.
    I have been an allotment holder, together with 2 of my sisters, for a few years now and we thoroughly enjoy spending time looking after our little retreat. We try to experiment with new varieties of fruit and veg. every year.
    Sadly we lost our lovely Mum a little while ago, having already lost Dad, and so this year hasn't been ever so productive. I really would like to try to find the name of the apple tree on my previous post as it is the last remains of the apple tree that we all grew up with. I hope somebody can help. Many, many thanks. Julia xx:(

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Julia - I think it is lovely to plant something in the memory of a special loved one, and I wish you all the luck in the world in your quest to find this tree. :)

It is very powerfully evocative to find a plant or tree you grew up with - I cannot walk past a heavily scented yellow azalea bush without memories coming flooding back of me hiding under our one in the garden in Liverpool when I was a child. These memories are very important

3. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hello and a warm welcome to G,C:thumb: