1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi from Northumberland

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by awomaninsane, Jul 31, 2017.

1. awomaninsane

awomaninsane Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi everyone.
    I've got a few gardening questions I need help with and I'll post them in the relevant sections (hopefully!).

I live in South Northumberland and have a south facing back garden which is sometimes spoiled by the huge trees to the back of us that block out the sun :(
    I am a real novice with the stuff in my garden, I plant and prune willy nilly to no ill effect so far!

I also have 2 dogs who are ruining my lawn and who I have to think about before planting anything in case they want to eat it!

Anyway, I'm off to have a good look around :)

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    :sign0016: to GC @awomaninsane ( :heehee: great user name! :heehee: )

Our members range from complete beginners to almost obsessives :heehee: so you will fit right in :blue thumb:
    I garden on the premise that I plant things and they have a choice: thrive or ... not ;)

I have a dog who loves my garden but my lawn isn't quite so happy with the dog. Thankfully, my Ozzy isn't really interested in my plants, so I don't need to worry on that score. Hopefully, you'll post some pix of your canine family in the Pets Corner so we call all Oooh and Ahhh :doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze:

Hope you've got a cuppa and a snack ... looking around can be a lengthy task when you first join :heehee:

Looking forward to getting to know you around the forums :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,414
      Welcome @awomaninsane. From your introduction, you and I could be one in the same person. I am with you both on the dog issue. Our lawn tries in vain to stand up to our 2 dogs and the multitude of other dogs that seem to pass through here from time to time. Thankfully as with @"M" above, we don't have any eating or digging issues. Enjoy.

G.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +30,616
        Welcome to the forum! I have no domestic pets. I do feed the birds in the winter and supply lettuce and carrot greens to the bunnies in the summer.

I plant whatever the mood hits me to do. Throughout the winter I draw plans of where every annual is going to go then when spring comes, I ignore it and throw things in willy nilly - same method as your pruning :doh:

You'll have fun here with this crowd. They're always willing to share knowledge and good humour :)

• Like Like x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +52,599
          Welcome to Gardeners Corner awomaninsane. :)

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,836
          Hi AWI, welcome to Gardeners Corner:snorky: