Hi to all!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Bem, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Bem

Bem Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    A new forum member here, so hello everyone!

Stumbled across this forum looking for ideas for my weed patch and everyone seems super nice so thought why not join my first ever gardening forum to go with my first ever garden :)

I live in Nottingham and have bought my first home with my other half, and it's all a bit of a wreck (the house/garden, not the OH!) We've been there for around a year now and have been doing lots of work inside, still living with the joys of bare plaster, chipboard floors and general dust, but I'm so keen to get on with the garden, which was the number one thing on my wish list when we were looking at houses. I don't have much experience, more enthusiasm than know how!

The garden is about 20m by 5-6m wide (I vaguely remember from measuring about a year ago!) seems to have been used mostly as a veg patch, so very little in the way of exisiting plants, except a couple of gorgeous pink frilly peonies, masses of rhubarb, one iris, a very leggy honeysuckle and a small yew

the rest of the garden is weeds and more weeds (dandelions, ragwort and bindweed) and whatever has decided to set seed or appear from next doors garden, like the tasty raspberry canes! oh and lots and lots of slugs, can barely walk anywhere in the garden without treading on slugs!

Thinking I may put up some piccies in garden projects, and update on my very very slow progress (especially at the mo, got back from sunny hols and garden was flooded:huh:) and if anyone has tips on dealing with the ridiculous amount of slugs and weeds, it'd be much appreciated! :)

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner:sign0016:

We've all been overrun by slugs this year, even trod on one barefoot in my bedroom this morning [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,838
      Hi Bem, welcome to Gardeners Corner, I think this is just the place for you!:thumbsup::biggrin: Yep, we'd all be interested to see how you get on with renovating the garden to how you want it. But don't rush at it, take your time and it'll be even better!!:snork:

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,893
      Welcome to Gardeners Corner Bem. It looks like you've got your work cut out but there's always someone here that can help you out. Good luck! :dbgrtmb:

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
    • Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
      Ratings:
      +1,337
    • gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
      +1,663
      Hi Bem
      OH will be pleased you cleared that comment up. Life would not have been worth living, without the caveat.
      Muck and enjoy the banter. Tackle your garden the best way you can and shout for comfort when needed.
      Someone will rub the sore spot for you.
      Good Luck.
      GCC3663

• Like Like x 1
      • Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
        Ratings:
        +1,668
      • AdamBorzy

AdamBorzy Gardener

Work for a shed retailer in Queensland
        Ratings:
        +9
        I'm sure you're gonna enjoy mingling with like-minded, friendly people.
        Welcome Bem. :SUNsmile: