Home air purifiers.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Drahcir, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Drahcir

Drahcir Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,006
    Deleted.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  2. Hanglow

Hanglow Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,998
    The only thing about the smaller ones is how effective they are in larger rooms, if you need that.

I have a Dyson fan that has a hepa filter built in and find it works great for allergens etc. Really helps for hay-fever. Plus it heats if needed and has a good fan on it. Just checking the price and it's almost double what I paid a few years ago :yikes: not sure I'd recommend that!

I don't know how much dust it picks up though, I can't imagine it's much compared to proper dusting and hoovering weekly.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +92,187
      Apparently most of what your vacuum cleaner picks up, regarding dust, is dead skin cells.:biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
        Ratings:
        +47,833
        Do you have any pets? They can make a lot of dust.

• Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
        At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
        Ratings:
        +51,890
        Not quite the same, but sort of.. I purchased two Meaco dehumidifiers in December and they are also air purifiers. They came with HEPA filters, but you can choose to have activated carbon ones if you'd rather (the latter probably being better for odour removal, if that is what is needed) - within a matter of hours I noticed that the air felt much more comfortable, within days I noticed that I was breathing easier (and with my respiratory issues, this is hugely beneficial), room temperatures seem to be a little more stable, although I accept that this one could be purely psychological, but more importantly dust on surfaces seems to have reduced considerably also.

Ours sits and runs on auto in dehumidifier mode, which means it runs the fan every half an hour or so to 'check' the air and then decides whether it needs to run or not - it does have other modes, including a laundry mode, however I have not used these yet. Overall, I am delighted with them.

This is the fellow we bought: https://www.meaco.com/products/meacodry-arete-one-20l-dehumidifier-and-air-purifier

• Informative Informative x 1
        • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +4,292
          Hi FC,

Just interested to know if you are still happy with the Meaco Arete One.

Been looking for something like yours, though probably the smaller 10 or 12l model, which also have the Hepa filter.
          Seems the Arete One has gained a lot of good reviews and even a Which best buy.

There is now an Arete Two, much the same as the One but now with a DC fan instead of AC and a fancier control panel with an App to control it with your phone (! - why? ) the operating and noise parameters seem virtually identical.

The One is still available from Meaco, think we would prefer it as its got a proven record.

• Like Like x 1
          • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
            At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
            Ratings:
            +51,890
            Hi Ricky,

Very much so - nice and quiet, sits in the corner on automatic and does it's thing.

• Like Like x 1