horses running wild..

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by wildflower, Jul 20, 2006.

1. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have two horses escaped one from the back field who looks like he wants to get back in...and one that was tied up accross the road also free..!!they were on the news earlyier in the week as they stopped traffic as they have been breaking free all week..

[​IMG]

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  3. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The police came and went and.....

[​IMG]

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    They are still free...They need a rope.. [​IMG]

5. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently the one that was tied up his owner has gone to spain for a holiday and left him tied up..someone has pinched the thing his rope was attatched too so their is nothing their now to tether him too..so they are back within the fence but still free to roam..their used to be someone that took in stray horses but the gypsys bought prosecutions against him for theft etc..so he doesnt take them anymore..oh well i guess it will be like this till he returns from spain...

6. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    what do they drink in this hot weather?

7. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    an old man takes buckets to them as he is kind..!!or else they would have nothing their is a pond of sorts over their which still has some water in..

8. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    It has been known for neglected horses as these, in the Vale of Evesham,to move over night to a more suitable location. Eight such animals have never been traced by the owners and live very happily somewhere in the Cotswolds...or so I understand.

9. fmay

fmay Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What about reporting them to the ILPH (Internatioal League for protection of horses) they will come and assess them and take them to a place of safety if necessary.

10. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    fmay.. they wouldnt take them their are loads of horses tied up..and these dont exactly look starving to death..and with this old man taking them water well..they are being fed and watered..I know its not a good situation but have come accross a lot worse..they get loads of scraps as people walking their dogs are feeding them..in the past the rspca have been out to horses around here and have done nothing..its funny really but the owners of these horses appear in the night when no one can see them..they are a law upon themselves..

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    quite agree wildflower as long as they look fine nothing is done and from what i see they look in good condition, it is the road that would be a major concern wouldnt you think as a car could quite easily spook them and cause havoc. :rolleyes:

12. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    rosa.. yes the traffic is a nightmare especially in the rush hour..a horse got killed outside here a few years ago as it was loose running in the traffic..these two dont seem to be bothered about traffic ..I call them the wolverhampton 2 as the boundary for wolverhampton is on the corner of the road..fortunately yesterday they didnt come off the field so that was okay..they have a few fields and some rough grass area to roam around on..as long as they do that then they are safe..

13. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm gritting my teeth and trying not to comment here, but it makes me so angry I won't even start :(

14. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    But I will just mention the well meaning kind folk who give horses grass cuttings... which can make them extremely ill and even kill them as cut grass ferments and causes colic :(
    People just don't realise, they used to throw loads of it into our fields.

15. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    jay..no one is giving them cut grass cuttings we have compost bins from the council for that..the people who take them things are just taking bread and vegetables..their is a lot of grass land where they are ..they are just nibbling away at it..Their are about 20 horses behind my house and these pair in front..these two are at risk as they have wandered out allthough i havnt seen them all weekend so perhaps the old man who is watering them has found a way of securing the one..that was tied up..the other one is called dolly and belongs to someone down the road in a bungalow..so he has probably sorted that one..