Hoses and attahcments

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by compostee, Mar 13, 2007.

1. compostee

compostee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently returned a holster style, multi style spray nozzle to HOZELOCK. I bought it in Jan and it's already given up the ghost. :mad: I'm so fed up with all these companies. My gardena spray bar stopped rotating. :rolleyes: All my kink free hoses kink [​IMG] and i'm full of despair I need to use my hose all year round. But during the winter, I put everything away when I've finished with it. So it's not weather related. :(

SORRY

MOAN OVER NOW. [​IMG]

2. compostee

compostee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    received a letter today, requesting me to ring Hozelock. Rang and hung on for 12 mins thinking it was freephone. mmmm left number for relelvant party to ring. No return call. I'm getting so [​IMG]and it wasn't a freephone number either [​IMG]

3. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not that impressed with Hozelock either. To avoid having to deal with them I find it better (and cheaper) to get the generic DIY B&Q/Focus/Homebase stuff then if there's a problem they will change it without questions as long as you have the receipt.

Stuff is all made in China anyhow so why buy an expensive brand?

I did buy a Hozelock low voltage pond pump earlier this year and whilst the pump works fine the transformer that came with it runs so hot I don't trust it and I'm getting a proper chunky transformer as a replacement.

4. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    I find that all this stuff leaks and blows off attachments, etc., etc. I also get really [​IMG] about it!

Even adding yards of insluating tape to ensure a tight fit in the connectors doens't help.

5. compostee

compostee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Eventually got through to hozelock, total of 25mins. and actually was told, I'm getting a new Holster spray gun, one of the elite. and also an oscillating lawn spray bar.......for compensation of time trying to get through and to cover my costs of my time, the original post and just as a big sorry. So I'm really happy. [​IMG]

6. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Hope they last longer than the ones they're replacing!

7. compostee

compostee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, we'll see, If they don't I will look round for other manufacturers,

8. vegman

vegman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at www.superspray.co.uk at their hose end sprayer. Ive have two and been using for three years now. One for the garden and one for the car. Its a bit like a miraclgrow feeder but you can put in garden feed or detergent etc depending on what you want to do. I wash and disinfect my greenhouse, feed my lawn and wash my car. simple and effective. only cost a tenner.

9. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Compostee. Have you tried this http://www.saynoto0870.com/ . I use it a lot when ringing bank/building soc etc. It provides alternative telephone numbers. There is often a free number for the company. I then ask to be put through to the relevent department.

10. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
  11. compostee

compostee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi peters etc..........Will give it a go. Having probs with mr. f's and would like a freephone # rather than a local rate. My complaint could take a while. :D

12. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Can I just ask if anyone knows what sort of connectors fit on kitchen taps :-

[​IMG]

Thats my tap and we have tried several different adaptors now and is still leaks, or needs to be held (which is ok but it floods the kitchen and with kids putting pressure on the "swan neck" when they hold it, its now split the joint and the tap leaks!)

Got a new tap for other half to fit this weekend, same as model above, but need to know what i can get to fit onto it before this one ends up broken too!

Just in case your wondering, I have an outside tap for the garden .... this one fills up his fish tanks so needs hot and cold [​IMG]

Also, can anyone recommend a good auto rewind hose? Are they good ? I have brought several hoses over the last few years, and would like ideally to just have the one out there !

13. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    You can definately get them Sam, I saw one the other day, I think it might have been in B&Q...

14. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Maybe when the other half fits the new tap, I can take the old one (identical) with me to B & Q and try them all for size!

Thats the problems usually. In the shop you think its the right fitting, get it home and its not. Ive lost track of how many useless fittings we have brought :rolleyes:

Anyone got any recommendations for auto-rewind hoses??