House extension

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by juliendave, Apr 18, 2005.

1. juliendave

juliendave Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody give me advice on the process of having a two storey extension built and approximately how much it would cost?
    Thanks
    Julie
    x

2. alan

alan Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    julie
    just finished a full length of the house extension garage with bedroom and new bathroom on top
    cost for the building work �£15,000 approx decorating extra would be cheaper if you could do some of the work yourself
    start by getting some plan drawn up then submit them to the council and hope lol
    after submitting them three times and arguing with some jumped up spotted nosed geek you might get the go ahead.
    hope you have a better time than we did with our local council
    good luck

3. juliendave

juliendave Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your sound words of wisdom Alan...I'll probably get a similar type of person to argue with...I'm sure thats a trait of every council...Can i sound thick...Does that include everything except decorating e.g. roof electrics and plumbing?
    Thanks again
    Julie
    x

4. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Alan I like your phrase, 'Jumped up spotted nosed geek ' lol still learn new words every day. I could write a book about that lot, lol.