1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

How much space?

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by nikirushka, Apr 8, 2018.

1. nikirushka

nikirushka Gardener

Ratings:
    +93
    I am finally reaching the point of sorting out a permanent alottment space within my garden. Not quite, but nearly!

So, how much space would you allow for growing fruit and veg for one person? Bearing in mind I can utilise other spots so my raspberries and rhubarb, for example, are growing elsewhere so won't need to be accounted for. Also allowing for a lot of potatoes!

I'm just deciding where it's actually going to be so if I know roughly how much space to set aside, that will help me make the decision :)

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    @nikirushka .Well I now grow a lot go my veg for 2 in my poly tunnel which measures 27' x 15'.. I also have an 8 x 6 greenhouse for tomatoes & chillis.. 4 large raised beds as well as various large pots and containers and every year I run out of space.. :heehee: I though it would be loads of space but every year I want to grow more plants.! :heehee:
    I used to have a massive veg plot that was 70’ x 50’ but it was far too much for me now so sold it off , keeping the plot I have now with the tunnel and beds on and is very manageable..

• Like Like x 1