1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

How to grow Soya beans

Discussion in 'Propagation This Month' started by Paul Blackburn, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Paul Blackburn

Paul Blackburn Gardener

Ratings:
    +52
    My wife loves soya beans so decided to try and grow them on my allotment got a packet of seeds from my seed catalogue and planted them all in a raised bed.They are now quite tall and what look like small pods are appearing.When would a normal time be to be able to start picking these beans bearing in mind the pods re still very small

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't eat them raw, you'll die of death:yikes:

Even the immature pods are toxic. They have to be boiled to destroy the toxins.

3. Paul Blackburn

Paul Blackburn Gardener

Ratings:
    +52
    But when would they be expected to be ready to pick as have never grown these before.How big do the pods grow.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125