How to Re-size your photos for posting on the forum - BDSizer

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Steve R, May 23, 2008.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Not everyone has a high end photography package for editing photo's, and not everyone wants one. If you simply want to resize a photo to make it easier to email on post on forums, read on.

BDsizer is a freeware program which means it cost nothing at all, and you can get it here http://www.photo-freeware.net/bdsizer.php

Its so easy to use it does not need screenshots to show how too, just follow these very simple instructions.

Download the program to your desktop and double click it to run the program. Leave everything at default and just do the following, click load image to open your photo, click the "Resize Image" button, then go down to the "Save Image" button, next to that is a check box next to "FTP Afterwards" remove the tick from that, click the "Save Image button and your done!! You dont need to mess with any of the settings as its default settings are just about right. You'll then be able to save your image and use as you wish..

Cracking little program for those who are not very technical minded!!

Steve...:)

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    steve can you use this program for e-mailing or is it just for posting for forums, just i have problems with my bt sending photos by e-mail there doesnt seem to be re-size and when the person get my 3 or 4 pics i send they are massive on their screens. and with the size i cant send anymore than that.

3. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    It just resizes the photos and then saves them for you is all. Its a very handy and simple free program to help those who do not have the more complex programs or who do not want to learn how to use them. Couple of clicks and your photo is resized/saved and you can then either import the resized photo into an email, or you can upload the resized photo to an image hosting site such as Photobucket for posting at different forums.

Steve...:)