How was today for you ????

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    I had a good day gardening, general tidying up, pruning Oleanders and Solanums, retrieving my Aloe Vera from a massive clump of Aptenia (a Mesembryanthemum relative which goes made here and has unlimited growth length), replanting (from pots to wall planters), removing weeds (unheard of here and I'm a bit of a peculiarity for that amongst other things!). Phew!!

Filled the wheelbarrow (they only seem to sell humongous builder-size ones here, not garden ones) and t'other half trundled it up the lane to the rubbish bins. Rubbish collection is twice a week but garden rubbish usually only weekly along with household items ... except as of this month no electrical goods. If you buy a new one, the shop you are buying from must take the old one away free of charge to you.

Had dinner next ... rissoles, mash, green beans and onion gravy. Then went to have a nice soak in the bath. Turned the water on, put in my Nautural Honey with Green Tea bath gel and went to get my robe. Came back and saw Candi (now 11 weeks old) sitting washing in front of the bathroom door. She looked a little odd and as we only ever have dim lights on I picked her up ... the poor little sod was soaking ... she had been for her first swim ... poor poppet!

So, now I'm relaxing with a glass of nice smooth red wine and whittering on here ... what's new? :D

How was your Wednesday?

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Mine was rather rubbish - I went to be assessed for my blue badge today but I didn't 'pass'. I could walk more than a few yards and never mind that I then spent the whole day on the settee nursing a throbbing knee.....

Bureaucrats!!!

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    You poor thing, MD. I had a friend years ago who was in exactly that position. As you say, bureaucrats!!
    I had a pretty boring day, witness the number of posts on here today! :rolleyes:

The ground is soaking, grass far too wet to cut, and it's pouring again - so not much work got done, just one job in the morning, then it was paperwork, raising and sending invoices, and looking in on the progress or otherwise of the "good to be a man" thread.....

Let's hope tomorrow's a bit better....

And LoL - our garden rubbish gets collected once a month here!!!!!!

4. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    I sneaked out and laid extra slabs to extend the base for the Green house...Mrs Pal caught me and gave me a B********g...but I managed to finish!! :D God love her!!!

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I went to the garden centre today got some hardy plants for my hanging baskets, when i got back pulled some dead ones out and planted the new ones, then took pics.
    pal your supposed to be taking it easy not suprised mrs pal told you off- naughty naughty :D

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    My day today.Got up at 6am.Fed the cats,then logged on to my PC to recieve my emails that were waiting for me.
    Answered as many as I could,before going and sorting out a load of washing for the machine.That switched on got my breakfast.Porridge and fresh orange juice.
    Made the dumplings for my stew and put them somewhere safe,so the moggies wouldn't scoff them.Hung out washing...

Went upstairs after T/0ther half had gone off to work,to have a nice shower and to wash my hair...

That finished with drove to my friends house to give her a hand with her housework as she has an 18 month old tot and a 6 day old baby girl.
    I think she was glad of the help as her eldest one was trying everything he could to get his mums attention.I think she is going to need all the help she can get for a few weeks.
    Came home and spent the afternoon doing some Ironing after first sorting out my dumplings.
    Took a photo of the above before noshing
    them [​IMG]
    Now sitting here listening to the music channels on sky and typing this. [​IMG]

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    New customer this morning - always nice! And just got a text from one customer who wants to know if it's ok for her Mum (another of my customers) to pass on my number to a friend - well, would I say no?? :rolleyes:

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Well done to you dendrobium [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Thanks, Kandy!
    So for the rest of the day, I'm having dinner at the lap-top, and willb e going down to the dungeon for drinks later on, once I've done the watering round of the greenhouses. Then I'll start playing with phots - it's nearly a year since we moved in here, and I've been documenting the changes, so there will probably be a thread from me on these lines in the projects section soon.... 1st October is the big day! :cool:

10. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    T'other half came by this today and it gave us a laugh so hope it gives you one too .. turn your sound on ...

http://www.mikesgarden.co.uk/duellin.htm

Just about to eat dinner up on the deck as it's very pleasant out ... a bacon, cheese and onion pasta bake (nice even without the bacon, Dendro!).

11. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Thanks for that, LoL!! Was that specially selected for me, with my bluegrass interest???? [​IMG]

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    Of course it was, Sweetie .. anyone else like sh*t kicking music??? Notice the sign on the cop car? :D

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Yup!! :D No animals were hurt in the making of this clip, is presumably the message they want to convey!!!

14. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Love the KKK chickens :D :D

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    That's spooky.I heard the duelling bango's record on the radio at the weekend,the first time in years,but cannot remember who it is by