I Don't Believe This

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Kandy, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
  2. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Am not sure - but think they usually guess their age by their teeth.

Horrible story though :(

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Utter scum. Why wasn't that dog spayed before this?

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Sam,I expect you are right about the teeth.There are probably teeth that come through a bit later and I expect also if the teeth look good then it is probably a young dog.The prooblem is now that because of all the bad press lately from Staffie type dogs harming Children then people are a bit touchy about keeping them,but I don't know:p

Peri we had our Tina spayed straight after she had been through her first season.We asked our vet as soon as we had rescued her and had taken her to be inoculated aged four months and the vet said to wait and get the first season over with which we did.Unless they are pedigree,then I personally think that mongrels should be spayed.Plus who really wants the mess of a season twice a year and having to stop the dogs getting to the bitch.There are also nasty things that unspayed dogs can get as they get older so really spaying is a bonus.:)

Believe it or not Peri,me and Mr Kandy found an abandoned Chinchilla on a country road near us last year that someone had abandoned.We took it to a rescue centre where they had a few of them and they wer willing to keep it until a home could be found for it:)

5. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Staffie's sadly tend to be a very much fashion accessory (around here anyway!). It could be possible that it was a teenager who owned this dog which is why they have just tied it up at the first sight of trouble. Maybe not, but from what I see around here, i wouldnt put it past some of them!

I did watch something on Sky a few weeks back titled something along the lines of 'my dog = my weapon' which was about teenage boys in gangs having certain dogs which were trained to be nasty so that they didnt have to carry knives etc. Turned it off after a few mins as it was far too awful to watch!!

My teenage 'hoodie' son has a tiny jack russell to walk ..... not the same really is it ! :)

6. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    There is no point in sane people trying to understand the actions of the kind of people that do this sort of thing. There simply is no logic to fathom. Some people are just nasty, sick, scum. If you really decided that you were going to abandon a dog, surely you could take it to a rescue centre and even deny it was yours and say you found it wandering the streets or something. At least then someone would look after it, you can't just tie things up and leave them.

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
  8. plant1star

plant1star Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I am just totally lost for words............, first the dogs being left to die in a hot car, and now this! Aren't we suppose to be a nation of animal lovers?

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Peri,I took photos of it and put them up on here,not sure whether it was on this thread though.We were driving back from a local Garden Centre and took a different route home.Mr Kandy saw it first and I said to him it might have been a squirrel but he was sure it wasn't so we drove back along the road just as it was hopping across the road.I got out of the car and managed to put my light weight coat over it and picked it up just as another vehicle sped past in that split second.

The rescue centre said it was dehydrated and had mouth problems so they took it to the vet to get it sorted.

We had our Tina for nearly fifteen years before we had to let her go over the Rainbow Bridge.:)

10. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" - I think this should apply to all the cruel molesters of children and animals.

11. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24

12. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Following on from this, I found an article about "weapon dogs" .....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-weapon-dogs-raid-suspected-gang-members.html

13. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    I turned over to that program about dogs being weapons and I too had to turn it off after a couple of minutes. It made me very upset and again I had my little wish of being 'Superman with a temper' for just a little while, and to meet up with these people.

I do hope Karma exists.

cheers

14. andybike

andybike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    at 2 years old a dog starts to have the roof of the mouth going black,a very good indicator.

if you can't look after any pet,give it to someone or an organisation who can,its the right thing to do.

15. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    No words. Heart hurts. Lump in throat.