I want to share a secret with you all.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by bigjimmy, May 5, 2010.

1. bigjimmy

bigjimmy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to share a secret with you all.

For my birthday last year my wonderful OH gave me a magical present that goes by the name of a Fertometer.

Around our house (both inside and out) and garden we have quite literally dozens of pot and container growing plants and shrubs as well as also around our caravan site. Up until receiving this generous gift, it had always been very much a guessing game as to when to give the plants extra or supplementary fertilizerâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦ not any more it isnâ??t!

Quite literally to do a once fortnightly check takes only a few minutes.

The bonus is that now, all of our plants and shrubs are incredibly healthy and we have some brilliant blooms to boot, brilliant quite brilliant and what is more; I now use it to check the soil when planting out plants from their containers into our very changeable ground where we live, despite this in fact not being recommended as a suitable use for the meter.

To share in my little secret have a look at http://www.fertometer.com/ it has saved us a small fortune in lost plants as well as wasting fertilizer, so for us this little device really has been a win, win !

Just in case anyone might think something untoward, I have nothing absolutely to do with the manufacturer of this excellent product but I have done some research about the man who invented it and he is a well recognised horticulturist and scientist.