1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

IBC Water Tank Rain Water Catchment Setup Completed

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by The Unusual Fruit Garden, Feb 11, 2018.

1. The Unusual Fruit Garden

The Unusual Fruit Garden Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    I've just finally finished setting up my IBC water tank storage setup, running guttering around my garage and shed feeding directly into a 1000l IBC tank, hopefully this should be enough to keep me going and avoid tap water as much as possible, here's the setup for anyone interested:

2. Matt-tropical

Matt-tropical Gardener

Process operator
    Ratings:
    +121
    Like it, just make sure it’s been properly cleaned before you use on anything,The company on the label is a chemical company we use at work which supplies powerful industrial strength caustic chemicals. Great setup should make sure you don’t have to use the tap all summer

• Like Like x 1
    • The Unusual Fruit Garden

The Unusual Fruit Garden Gardener

Ratings:
      +35
      Yes that was the main concern on buying any IBC tank, they all generally need a good clean out, even if they just had cooking oil in... The company I bought it from is actually a HGV tanker steam cleaning company, I phoned them to enquire how much it would cost to clean one I'd seen online and they said they had some there, already fully steam cleaned so good as new again and at a lower cost too, so I bought 2 so that when I get an allotment, I will have 1 ready to go there straight away. The hope is to not use the tap, it's strange I'm looking forward to a good downpour now though ha..

• Like Like x 1