Ideas for makeover?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by ant1977, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ant1977

ant1977 Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    This little area is opposite my house, I want to tidy it up and plant it so every year it comes up really nice, it gets the full heat of the sun ( when it appears) and I want to keep the trees as they screen me from the road, I don't want to spend £££ tho. I did think of wildflower seeds scattered? But didn't know if they would come back year after year or not or die when the sun comes out.

Any ideas please?

Attached Files:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    I have done a similar thing in my lane and planted spring bulbs, hardy geraniums, a couple of hellibores and wildflower seed..

• Like Like x 1
    • clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
      Ratings:
      +7,618
      You'll need something that can cope with the trees close by.

Bulbs are a good idea - as they make and store their own food for the following year. I've some grape hyacinth under my japanese cherry.

Or you could go for primula - these are hardy and will come back year on year - they are found in the wild at the edge of woodland and don't mind sun or partial shade. They come in a variety of colours and will give a welcome early boost of colour.

I suspect that your neighbours would appreciate a little colour as well.:blue thumb: