Ideas please.. for quick growing shrub plus.

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by kels, Jul 3, 2012.

1. kels

kels Gardener

Ratings:
    +27
    Hi all within the next month we plan to put some paving in the front garden. To keep what little garden left over. I'd like to put something up to keep the two areas sep. What shrub/hedging/plant grows fairly quick. It does not have to grow high or large but fill out so you can see the two diff areas by these plants. Any colour or type is just need to find something that grows fairly quick. With this big change what like some green/coulour at the front while the rest settles in. Any ideas ...:)

2. Pootle

Pootle Gardener

Ratings:
    +94
    Buddliea is about the quickest grower I can think of, and can be pruned hard. Or Dogwoods are quite good, especially the variegated one ( cornus Alba elegentissima)

3. HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +883
    I like lavatera coz they attract loads of insects and gets lots of flowers

4. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    try black ..

sambucus black beauty or sambucus black tower ... they grow fast but are deciduous

if you want something evergreen, look at elaeagnus ebbingei ... it also smells good late in the year

all of the above does best in full sun

5. kels

kels Gardener

Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks all... yes has to be evergreen or will look like a concrete jungle.Not a good look so need various plants.. Also need something that is about 4 foot as landmarks in the garden. Was thinking or putting something that height- ish along the front of the hse. So it helps with reversing keeps me away from the hse.If I get close to the hse will see the plant first( hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say :) )