i'm getting started

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by bigbenny, Feb 8, 2010.

1. bigbenny

bigbenny Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,
    ive decided to start out on the garden, ive got myself a sit on lawn mower to cover the half acre of garden. i have put a brick river down the centre towards the drive. i have built set of pillars and hung a set of gates. i have a garage half way down the land, at the side of the garage i'm thinking of building a raised garden. what size would you think is a reasonable size. i would much thank any body who could reply with any photos and comments. thank you
    benny

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,979
    Hi benny,

A photo of your garden would help. Is the raised bed for shrubs or veggies or to hide the garage or what?

3. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bigbenny - would be great to see some pics of your garden - or a diagram even showing what you have where?

What do you intend to use your garden for? Is it a garden that kids will be playing in, any animals wandering around etc.?

4. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Decide what's going in your raised bed (vegetables, perennials, even shrubs) and how much time you want to spend looking after it.

If I was designing the garden I have again, I would almost certainly have several raised beds - decent drainage (on clay here) being a prime factor.

5. bigbenny

bigbenny Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i will get a photo and put it up so you all can see and suggest