Inconsiderate neighbours

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pip, May 4, 2007.

1. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    My wife and I live in a terraced house.Many hours have been spent sat out in our yard enjoying the sun and the plants. Recently a large family have moved in next door,6 young kids. We appreciate that kids need to play and we put up with the noise but what we dont appreciate is the erection of a ten foot diameter trampoline two feet away from our wall. Screaming kids and their friends,boing boing boing all day! Hopefully it will be broke soon. Whatever happened to neighbourly respect and consideration for others? :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pip have you spoke to them about it and or is the garden big enough for the trampoline to be moved, maybe you can come to some understanding.

On a lighter note if there is no understanding ask if you and your wife can join in that might stop them using it so much :D :D :eek: :eek:

3. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Hi Sunshine P, only a small yard, about 15x15, spoke to them about other issues recently with negative response, no consideration, as I said it will probably be broke soon. [​IMG]

4. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :D :D I know they must be driving you crazy but boing, boing, boing is pretty funny pip.Just think,when summer comes it`ll be too hot for them to boing all day.By that time they`ll have the paddling pool out.
    How times change.When we were kids we went to the river.All day long.No body saw us till it thundered. [​IMG] :D

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,656
    Hi Sunshine P Yes my neigbours Children have a 15ft x15ft trampoline And every time their little faces appear for a second they shout hello Woo and dissapear again
    I do,nt really mind as its only for a a while its not for ever.Keep strong my friend. [​IMG] :cool:

6. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Youve all made me feel like a miserable old grump.Ill get used to it,as you say they will get to hot to play on it.

7. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I imagine that, with six children, the place is not gonna be completely peaceful at most times. The parents may actually enjoy the time when the children are jumping in the trampoline, as it means a little silence indoors.
    If I was you, I would try and be in the garden when the screaming children are not there because they are at school,or shopping, or having lunch etc. and of course the parents should have some consideration for the neighbours.
    But having said that consideration for others these days is a rare event...
    Children unfortunately tend to be loud even if the parents are against it.

8. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Pip, join the club of people with nuisance neighbours, ours have four children. At a risk of being boring (as I have posted this pic on another thread) - this is what it is like outside their back door, just a few feet away from ours.It's rather smelly in hot weather as you can imagine. We have footballs kicked over onto freshly planted vegs, flowers etc. and if we ask them to be careful we are told to f*** off!

We just keep saying to ourselves - they will grow up one day but we have to put up with them at the moment. Sympathise with you Pip.

[​IMG]

9. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,059
    Pip, you are not a miserable old grump, as you put it.
    You have a right to some peace and quiet, and you dont need kids heads appearing over the fence all the time when your just want to sit in your garden.
    Sounds to me like the place isn't big enough for six kids anyway.
    Hopefully they will get bored after a while and go and play with the traffic, thats what most do around here. :D

10. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Hi jjordie, that back garden is an absolute disgrace :mad: and I know exactly how you feel as our neighbours yard is like that most of the time. The only time it looks any different is when they have a beer and bbq evening or when it is hidden under or behind the trampoline. as regards growing up,what do you think they will grow up to be like [​IMG] .

11. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Pip your not a miserable old grump - just someone who has had his peace disturbed by a neighbour with six kids. Kids play and make a racket and to expect them to use the garden quietly is unreasonable - but hang on in there, cos they also grow.

If I had six kids next door to me, I would first tear my hair out, then second think of ways to survive the noise til they move on to computers, and other things than a trampoline. From exiting indoors when theyre playing to making friends and interesting them in quieter things like wildlife, and gardening :D . Neighbours are unfortunately things that are a part of life, and you have drawn the short straw. Don't let it become a "thing" that can really blight your life. Instead think of ways you can ease it til the monsters become human beings.

12. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Thanks for the support pete, glad to know people are thinking along the same lines as myself [​IMG]

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,147
    I can't add any more ... thank God I live in the middle of the orchards ...

Tearing my hair out would be a big thing for me, I must say, though ...
    I would move first!

14. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Fran you are right to a degree, it could be deemed unreasonable of me but it is now 9 o clock getting dark and cold, unbelievably, they are on it as we speak. BOING BOING BOING :mad: :mad: :mad: Off to watch some tv now see you all later. ;)

15. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,059
    Waiting for the neighbours kids to grow up is crazy, ..... how long is that out of YOUR life, and when they do, what happens? The illegitimate children move and YOU get another lot.
    Fran, when they move on its usually to radios in the garden whilst sunbathing or revving motor bikes or cars.
    Everyone seems to love noise these days, I think it really depends on what kind of neighbourhood you live in.