Inspired by prose

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by lollipop, Oct 5, 2008.

1. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Another thread inspired by my friend Kat,

From Wuthering Heights, Heathcliff, upon learning, from Nelly Dean, that Cathy has died.

" "May she wake in torment!" he cried, with a frightful vehemence, stamping his foot, and groaning in a sudden paroxysm of ungovernable passion. "why, she`s a liar to the end! Where is she? Not there-not in heaven-not perished-where? Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer-I repeat it til my tongue stiffens-Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest, as long as I am living! You said I killed you-haunt me then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe-I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

He dashed his head against the knotted trunk; and, lifting up his eyes, howled, not like a man, but like a savage beast getting goaded to death with knives and spears. "

Oh to be loved so.