Introducing Abbi

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by suedobie, Mar 27, 2008.

1. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone, Thought some of you might like to see my new Puppy Abbi, she was born on 11 March (my birthday so it must have been fate that I'm having her, thats what I keep telling t'other arf)I decided to get another puppy now before I get too old to handle/train it.

She will be a playmate for Kira (can't believe she will be two in May) and hopefully give Jake some rest. We are due to collect her in the middle of June, looking forward to all the toilet training, feeding four times a day, training etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Hi Suedobie Abbi is lovely Bless her [​IMG]

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    How sweet. Bet you can't wait. Will be expecting loads of photos. How will your other pets be with her?

Have you posted your other pets on here? Must have missed them if you have, will have another look. If you haven't, come on [​IMG]

cheers

5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Ahhhh I want one.... [​IMG] Shes beautiful suedobi..

6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    My computer screen is now totally covered in drool - she is so beautiful.

Dobeys are fantastic dogs.

Have many, many happy years with her Sue!

So refreshing to see those beautiful tails!

Best wishes

Kath

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    she a little belter ...she going to be spoilt i think
    [​IMG]

8. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    CM, is docking tails illegal now?.. I hope so..

9. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Borrowers I can't wait to get her, this is Kira who will be two in May.

[​IMG]

and this is her with Jake my other dog who is fosterd for a "few days " seven years afo, he is such a fantastic dog, I don't even have t put him on a lead, he follows me everywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I agree about the docking, the law was implemented in April last year, I would have liked Kira to have a tail but usually the breeder has pick of litter and they dock the tails when they are a few hours old, they do not choose which dog they are going to keep until they are about 6 weeks old so all of them have to be docked, I'm really looking forward to see a proper wagging tail!!!

10. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Lovely dogs suedobie, (just sussed your name), I had three dogs, one fostered, still have her 11 year later..my 2 staffies were also well behaved, i didn't need leads for them, just clicked my fingers and they stopped, went Down on command, wouldn't move untill i said so, I miss them, A lot..Glad to hear about the docking being illegal now, my dad used to use a razor blade :eek: I used to cry my eyes out bcos i could hear the pups squeeling... :(

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    ooohh a razor blade :eek: brilliant pics and im glad they still got tails [​IMG] ;)

12. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    What smashing photos Suedobie!

I see Kira has now grown into those paws of hers! [​IMG]

How fantastic that Jake accepted her so well - the pic of her draped over him is a real heart warmer.

re Docking - and I don't want to hijack Sue's thread with the issue - but here is a link to how the law stands now...

http://www.bva.co.uk/policy/issues/docking.asp

and here is a link from the Council of Docked Breeds.

http://www.cdb.org/

I guess there will never be a meeting of minds on this issue.

Personally, I think all interference of this nature at such a young age is an abomination. Having seen it performed by other vets on numerous occasions I can say definitively it is a painful process from the distress puppies show and from definitive signs of agitation. No anaesthesia, no post amputation pain relief. Awful. Thankfully, no vet I have known for over 10 years has been prepared to do it. The Council for Docked breeds are under a misconception thinking that vets who disagree with the procedure are in the minority. Most docking for many years has actually been done illegally by breeders themselves.

However I think there is a case for removal of hind dew claws as they often are prone to snagging and ripping injury. It is so easy to do this when the animal is in for other surgery under general anaesthetic, such as neutering etc.and hence are unaware of the trauma of the surgery.

Sue - I think that Kira has grown into a fantastic looking animal. Both she and Jake look in excellent body condition and I am thoroughly jealous of you having such wonderful animals with another cutie on the way.

I'll get off me soapbox now!

Lets see more photos !

13. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Stunning dogs absolutely green with envy,dobies are one of favourite breeds,they belong in castle grounds,they are so regal looking

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    abbi is just lovely, cant believe how kira is all growing up now, fine looking dog she has become.
    bet you cant wait to get her. [​IMG]

15. suedobie

suedobie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kath, I see from other topics that you are a vet so obviously know what you are talking about, thanks for noticing that my dogs are in good condition, I like to keep them lean.

Kira's breeder introduced me to the BARF diet (Bones and fresh meat for those who don't know) I was very sceptical at first thinking that 1) it would cost plenty and 2) that it would take a lot of time and effort, I must say it is the best diet that I have ever fed my dogs.

I found a company that delivers once a month so I buy 1lb packs for meat and 5lb packs of raw chicken wings...........BONES I hear you cry.......well I did a lot of research and there is certainly a lot of fore's and against'son the subject.

My dogs get 1lb of either minced Lamb, Beef or Chicken together with a couple of spoons of raw veg and bio yoghurt also the occassional raw egg in the morning and raw chicken wings at night, all I have to do is mince fresh veg once a months and freeze it.

I take them for 4 mile walk every morning rain or shine, must say it is an effort some mornings........here we are last Sunday walkin to the next village for breakfast, my husband drives there to meet us(say no more) at least I earn my breakfast!!!!!

[​IMG]

Hi Linda, it seems only a short time ago that you drew Kira as a puppy, time goes by more quickly as you get older I'm sure.