Introduction and members discount

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by makegardensorganic, Nov 15, 2010.

1. makegardensorganic

makegardensorganic Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all Gardeners corner members,

Hope everyone is well, even though the first real frost is upon us!!

I am very happy to finally find a forum who have such dedicated members who are willing to offer their help and advice to others.

I am a firm believer in organic gardening and promoting strong and healthy ecosystem in the soil to boost plant growth and health without chemicals or pesticides. My own garden i only feed with organic feeds and compost teas and every year when the spring starts my garden comes to life.

I am fortunate to work with a company that believes in the same ideas as myself and have been pioneering the way in biological and soil health for over 20 years. They asked me to come on board to help develop a home and garden range to the home gardener.

We have recently finished our brand new home and garden range which contains organic feeds for all plants and different times of growth and our range of mycorrhizal fungi.

As part of a promotion to all gardeners we would like to extend our launch promotion to all of the members at Gardeners Corner. As a launch special we are offering a 10% dicount on all our products.

Discount Code : GC1000

Our website: www.symbio.co.uk/homeandgarden

Many Thanks

Dan

Admin edit: This information is posted with the kind permission of the Webmaster.

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Dan, your site looks most interesting. Thank you for having the courtesy to ask the owner's permission to post this. I think it's great that you've offered the members a discount. :thmb:

Possibly not the best time of the year however! :wink:

3. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    "C'mon, Chopper - be nice!"

In fairness Chopper can't have know that at the time. I saw the post was already reported so I didn't answer, but I would have reported it too as we get loads of people doing similar but NOT asking permissions first.

Glad to hear that this one is all above-board-and-in-order, I'll tootle off for a look :)

4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dan & Welcome to the forums,

Interesting stuff there.

Are you near a big school that has a railway bridge near it ?

5. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    You think we are not aware of that? :lollol: :lollol: :lollol:

Actually, you just taught me something,Kristen - I never noticed before that the icon changes from a diamond to a triangle when it's been reported! :hehe:

6. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    I see a Red Triangle normally, and a Yellow Triangle if there is already a report on the post.

(If I click on a yellow triangle I get a warning message that I don't have permission to view the page - which is a misnomer, I presume, for the fact that there is already a report on file - it might confuse newbies though!)

7. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    It's interesting seeing that you sell Mycorrhizae only the other day one of my tutors was mentioning that adding Mycorrhizae to the soil was going to really take off in the next few years on a commercial scale especially in some tree nurseries

8. barnaby

barnaby Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +73
    My understanding of 'mycorrhizae' is that they are a natural product and the basis of growth of a wide range of fungi (mushrooms/etc) in the wild.

How can these then be harvested and used in such a variety of ways?

9. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I don't know how you would do it on a commercial scale however if for instance you are growing pine trees from seed then taking a small amount of compost from the tree's you collected the seeds from and then adding it into the compost or even the water system will spread the fungus around and hopefully form a symbiosis with your trees and improve the overal vigour of your stock... I think:hehe:

if that makes sense?... it only works with certain plants which naturally form symbiotic relationships with certain types of soil borne fungi

10. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    I saw that too - lots of varieties of the product, and I just wound up confused and not knowing which I would need to use.

I have used them before when planting trees, but it works out pretty expensive, and its a bit like snake oil - short of planting two side by side and only treating one I have no idea whether it is working (or whether the product was old / its efficacy lost / or I just failed to apply it properly.

They were using it on something they planted in the last episode of Gardeners World I think.

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :wink: I tried one I bought at Rosemore last year & it realy is inredible the difference it makes to the roots system... I give the stuff a 10/10.... :wink:

12. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    This a side-by-side test M.F.? I used it here on a batch of trees, and planted some other things at the same time, can't say I have noticed that the trees are doing any better as a result.

I think the trees were "ok" stock, and the "other things" were excellent stock. Which might make more of a difference perhaps.

Also: we have been compulsive about watering and feeding the "other things" - as we want them to mature quickly.

I'm not knocking it, just not convinced that I am guaranteed to get Fresh, viable, product and to use it properly. If it was cheap-as-chips I wouldn't mind ... but it aint!

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    I didn't do a back to back test as such Kristen but I found when I potted them on, (the ones I potted up with it first)the ones where I used the Mycorrhizae, they had much better root systems & also when I emptied my pots at the end of the season the ones where I had used it again had much better root systems.. Can't say if I thought the plants were much bigger, but they were certainly much "stronger" looking plants... :gnthb:

14. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think orchid growers use fungus all the time, plants cant thrive without the symbiosis.

Bit like Captain Morgan can't thrive without the profit they make from me & I couldn't live without Captain Morgan.

15. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413

I probably could live without Anheuser-Busch but I'm not going to try!