Is anyone else in love with Maria Thun's weather observations /forecasts ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Ipso-phyto, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Ipso-phyto

Ipso-phyto Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The scientist in me says it may all be just coincidence, but she and her son, Matthaius continue to astound me with the accuracy of their predictions. Not bad going seeing as they write the book a year in advance. Using astronomy, they are helping me ascertain when the rain will come, or not as the case may be.

On the face of it, using four elements of earth, air, fire and water to help predict weather patterns seems simple enough,( bearing in mind the sun(fire) is always shining and the water in the air is the big reason we dont see it sometimes here on earth) but i remember from biology there are four base molecules of DNA which code protiens and subsequently there are numerous permutations.
    I have to come out of my closet here, Im hooked... and i give you fair warning, i intend to push this drug on all of you. Meanwhile, its back to the synoptic weather maps... :cool:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Ah well forewarned is forearmed:hehe::)

3. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    So.. are we going to have a good summer Ipso :D

4. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I think the question should be..

Are we going to have a summer?

Steve...:lollol:

5. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6

I might be wrong but this sounds like a atempt at spam.

Either way if reading matthaius does this to you then ill give it a swerve!!!

6. Ipso-phyto

Ipso-phyto Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Maria Thun picked up on the research instigated by Rudolph Steiner in the early 1920's. She has been making observations on the weather and running experiments regarding plant growth and planetary movements for 56 years. I know its almost blindingly obvious...but plants/planets...they look pretty closely related to me!!
    As with much science, physical or metaphysical...certain amounts of faith and believe will come in handy. We beleive in gravity and no one can see it. Ask an astronomer at Greenwich observatory and they will tell you only the sun and moon affect 'organisms' on earth, as energy fields of the other planets are too weak to affect plant growth.
    Biodynamic gardening simply works with the currently much maligned premise that the four elements of Fire, Air, Water and Earth manifest all matter and phenomena on this insignificant speck hurtling around our solar system.
    It would seem the fire always burns and the only times we dont see the sun is due to the amount of water in the air as viewed here on earth.
    In her 'Results from the sowing calender' Maria explains how planetary oppositions bring high pressures and conjunctions bring low pressures. You have a look at the astronomical tables and tell me she aint onto something.
    More soon...