Ive missed the big firework display.

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by takemore02withit, Nov 2, 2008.

1. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Every year they have a fantastic firework display at the Lancashire cricket ground round the corner from where I live. We dont pay ,:grn: a 100 or so of us stand on the hill overlooking B&Q carpark and get to see it all for free.:D It's all going off at the moment and I've missed it.:dh: Because like a fool I thought it would have been on the 5th. :scratch: 02

2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Thats a real shame. love a show. I would light a rocket for you, if I had any..

3. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    That's such a shame. Thankfuly I live on a hill and get a great view of fireworks from places like the MOD Depot near bye and many other places :thumb: I've not payed to see fireworks for years, more money for the garden ;)

4. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    I must be the only one in the world that has a dog that actually likes firework displays.:scratch: He sits and watches it, to the amusement of the children, they think he's great:lollol:. Half way through he lies down and closes his eyes because he's bored.:rolleyes: I used to have a border collie who was petrified and used to try and get round the back of the telly.s00k We used to have to let the big daft thing sit on our knee and comfort him.k-l 02

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sadly the brilliant displays by the local council have long given up the ghost, the council used to put on a massive display that thousands of people could attend for free but as per normal the council saw it all as a waste and decided to use our council tax money on something more useful that very few people could enjoy like lunches for the top brass!:mad:

Sheffield has a wonderful display every year at the stadium and it costs £8 per person to attend not a bad price to pay and it's a really good show but I don't attend anymore because it's not much fun without taking youngsters along.

02 it must be a godsend to have pets that aren't afraid I'm sure I will be baby sitting our Yorkies as they are none too keen on the noise although the mum will not be too bothered about the noise as she is getting quite deaf now the poor dear.Hel.xxx.

6. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Ive had a good laugh at your post 02,:D I have a border collie and she can squeeze herself into the tiniest of spaces when the fireworks go off, she drives me crazy, I once went to get the ironing out of the basket and it was wet :cnfs: it took me a while to realise why, [​IMG] I had to wash the whole lot again, and she lie's across my feet, when im standing :p I could Kill her :mad: Only Kidding :D .. Dee..

7. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    It really is a shame when our pets get distressed by fireworks,and now we have two old cats to care for this Bonfire night,or should that be month?, was not good!
    Usually Mrs Pal and I drive to a building up on the Cotswold hill know as 'Broadway Tower',and have a view over no less than 14 counties....The spectical is marvelous:gnthb:

8. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,674
    Fortunately (if you like fireworks) our council still does 7 free displays a year, 6 in the summer holidays and last week.