James Wong Collection

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by AndyS, Apr 22, 2014.

1. AndyS

AndyS Gardener

Ratings:
    +50
    Hi,

Has anyone tried growing much of this? What works and what doesn't fr growers in the north? This seems like quite a good deal at the moment so I was thinking of giving it a go:

http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/...ongs+Top+20+Seed+Collection_244085.htm#244085

I know it's just a clever marketing trick to flog off stuff that hardly anyone would normally grow, but then I like a bit of variety and I know my daughter would enjoy growing and tasting some of this stuff.

2. Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
    Ratings:
    +7,491
  3. OxfordNick

OxfordNick Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,615
    Not worth the $$$ IHMO - I have some tomarillo seeds if you want to try growing them (mine were fine outside against a sunny wall last year). PM me if you want & I will pop them in the post. Might have some cucamelons too, although I will have to check to see if the ones I planted have germinated.

Oh - and I have mooli radish too if you want. Never had much luck growing them, or any sort of radish come to that.

• Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +48,979
      It's not too bad at 50p a packet, but it's too many new things for me to try. Maybe one or two but 20 packets would be quite a lot of effort sowing and nurturing only to find you didn't like the taste or they didn't like growing in your garden.

• Like Like x 1
      • AndyS

AndyS Gardener

Ratings:
        +50
        Thanks, I'm reading it now and will follow it. Good luck!

Much obliged Nick, I'll message you now and let you know what I have going spare, if anything takes your interest we can swap :-)

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion myself. Esp not having a greenhouse, I don't have the time and resources to nurture all that.
        Think I'll go with the callallo, chinese chives, cucamelon and electric daisies in the BOGOF deal Suttons have on at the mo. Thanks all :-)