Jersey Plants Direct pre planted baskets

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by davetherave, Jul 11, 2012.

1. davetherave

davetherave Gardener

Ratings:
    +148
    Hi all,
    I ordered two pre planted baskets from Jersey Plants Direct. The advert above the one I choose showed nice chains and decent looking baskets. So I thought I would get the same as the flowers I picked did not show the baskets.
    The ones I received were cheap looking green bowls with horrible plastic molded fake rope hangers.
    Anyone ordered baskets from this company ? I just wondered if they had substituted the baskets for cheaper ones because they had run out of stock.

[​IMG]

2. Sirius

Sirius Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,237
    Complain if you didn't receive what was advertised and what you paid for.

3. Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
    Ratings:
    +31,899
    I haven't ordered from them Dave but, like you, I would have been miffed to have received the above. Don't they realise that if they do this sort of thing, that you won't go back and neither will anyone else you tell?
    I will always praise and thank any supplier from whom I buy on line. But I am equally prompt in complaining if it's a rip off.
    Jenny

4. davetherave

davetherave Gardener

Ratings:
    +148
    Thanks for the replies. There not very nice are they ?
    I have complained and just received the standard "I am sorry if you are disappointed" response. I shall email them again and inform them their reply is not satisfactory. The problem is their advert does not show the baskets it just states the size.

5. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    If you wanted the 'wicker'/woven twigs rustic sort on chains and reckon you could transfer the contents of the ones you've received into them, Morrisons have reduced them to 98p each.

EDIT: It's always a good idea to take/save a 'screenshot' of whatever you're ordering online (+ the description), just in case what you receive isn't as shown/described on the website and because suppliers sometimes change the images/etc. in between you ordering and receiving the product.

And what you've received is a hanging pot (possibly also described as a hanging planter) but definitely not a hanging basket.

• Like Like x 1
    • davetherave

davetherave Gardener

Ratings:
      +148
      Hi Scrungee,
      The plants look like some of them have been in bloom and had the heads cut off. I hung them in the back garden too tacky to be in the front garden.The advertised picture does not show the basket just a picture of the flowers.
      The description just says " Petunias have colourful flowers that will bring masses of
      interest throughout the summer. This Petunia Tumbelina has masses of scented pink and lilac double flowers that will cascade beautifully over the sides of the hanging baskets. The hanging baskets themselves measure 27cm and are re-usable".

I won't buy from them again and will complain again I did not receive hanging baskets.

• Like Like x 1
      • Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
        Ratings:
        +1,337
        To be honest those plants look like a scruffy lot:mute: I'd be miffed if I'd received them in that condition never mind the baskets they came in...

• davetherave

davetherave Gardener

Ratings:
        +148
        Agreed Aesculus they were completely flattened when I got them some of the plants had been broken in places and were very dry. I have written another complaint email stating "items were not as described" will just have to wait for a response.

• Like Like x 1
        • Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
          Ratings:
          +1,337
          to be honest there have been a number of threads like yours previously concerning Jersey Plants

• davetherave

davetherave Gardener

Ratings:
          +148
          Just to let you all know I received an email this morning from Jersey plants in response to my last complaint. I have been offered a full refund which I have accepted cannot say fairer than that.:)

Edit
          Received confirmation email money will be placed back in my account.

• Like Like x 4
          • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
            +28,997
            That's good news! Thanks for posting about this as I think (hope) posts like this both help keep retailers in order and prevent potential customers from making mistakes.

I thought of your post when I saw these in a Dobbies Garden Centre yesterday, and noted they had them correctly described as hanging pots:

EDIT: For some reason or other there seems to be a problem uploading & inserting images at the moment, so I'll add the shortly or give up and use photobucket.

• davetherave

davetherave Gardener

Ratings:
            +148
            Hopefully they will realise their description needs to be accurate and with more information.
            I have negotiated quite a few partial refunds on Ebay for items not as described. Very annoying when companies show a nice picture of an item and you receive something completely different.