just bought my first tree!!!

Discussion in 'Trees' started by netty, Apr 4, 2007.

1. netty

netty Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am so excited.I only have a little garden and always thought too small for a tree.While I was surfing gardening sites I read that many trees can be planted in large containers,so growth will naturally be slower.I went shopping yesterday and found just the one.It is a Sorbus'Josephs Rock'.I have been told that the leaves are beautiful,white flowers during the summer and bunches of cream coloured berries in autumn.I cant wait to see it unfold.

2. whis4ey

whis4ey Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +803
  3. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Beautiful tree netty, I'm sure you will love it [​IMG]

4. Brandy

Brandy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice Netty [​IMG] my garden is also small, I've a pendula cottoneaster tree, it's evergreen and covered in red berries. Japanese Maple look good in containers.

5. netty

netty Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    yes I have admired both in the garden centre and it was a hard choice to make.I also bought a Red Robin and the red colour on the new growth is beautiful.Isn't nature wonderful? [​IMG]

6. Brandy

Brandy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I must get a Red Robin, I noticed one when out walking with my daughter on Wednesday, it will have to go into a container though as I have no room in the ground.

Hubby and I go to South Wales once a year, been to various places over the years as we had a touring caravan until a few years back, but it does rain rather a lot when we visit, heeee! sorry couldn't resist that!

7. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
  8. whis4ey

whis4ey Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +803
    Prunus Incisa is in great flower for me this year [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. netty

netty Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Brandy if you came to Wales today we would be greeting you with glorious sunshine must be best day of the year yet..long may it last :D
    Red Robin would do well in a container.

10. Brandy

Brandy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Netty, it's also glorius in Derbyshire. Possibly we will be visiting Wales in early september, so can I order the sunshine for then lol

After Easter we're looking out for a Red Robin and Pruna Incisa, me thinks it's time to get the gardening books out :D