Just found..

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by cajary, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Just found where I can get a 4' by 4' proper Greenhouse for Ã?£300 (New). Anyone know of a cheaper one, before I get it? My Brugs are gonna be safe, this Winter [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Cajary
    I'm looking for a greenhouse at the moment too but I'm looking for a 8 x 6 can't seem to find one at the moment but I'll keep looking, I do like a bargain!

Good luck with your quest Cajary hope your happy with what you end up with.
    Helen.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Cajary go for the biggest you can fit in those babies take a lot of room here are some of mine in a 20x10 p/tunnel they will be cut back when the next flush is complete but the pot will still take a lot of floor space, still loads of stuff to get in there.
    [​IMG]

4. cattwoman25

cattwoman25 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  5. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for your help and advice, guys. But it can't be any bigger than 4x4. I've only got a small garden.
    Walnut, I'll have to use a shoe-horn. The ones I grew from the seed you sent me are over-wintering in the front room. No way they're going outside!! [​IMG]

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Way to go Cajary I knew a guy used to do is potting in the living room (no he wasn't married)

7. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Walnut, I know a guy who is married who does his potting in the living room. Pity Boss lady doesn't talk to me. [​IMG] :D

8. Brandy

Brandy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My greenhouse cannot be any larger than 4 x 6 feet, mine has lasted 2 years and now the plastic cover is all ripped, so back to the drawing board? The frame is excellent green hard plastic, George bolted it to cemented area, he has suggested putting hard sheet perspex, I feel it will cost too much. Would like to have a sliding door, the zip was not great after one season!

Walnut do you have a heater over winter in your polly tunnel [​IMG]

9. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Walnut, that's not a polytunnel, this is. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Brug heaven!
    Seriously, I wish this was mine instead of just working in it. How do you heat yours?

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Strongy that has me drooling I could live in there quite easily especially if the council was paying the heating bills,hi Brandy the tunnel is much too big to heat I built a smaller wooden frame tunnel inside the main tunnel put a bench in it with a 2ft tube heater under it this keeps it about 5deg. higher than the rest of the tunnel any escaped heat then helps keep the main tunnel that bit warmer.I have a 14 ft g/house lined wth bubble wrap in it there's a heat box with growlights, under that bench is a tube heater that is set to come on if it gets really cold this ensures the heat box copes then there's fan heater that keeps the rest of the g/house at 10c all my tender stuff is kept in there.

11. Brandy

Brandy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Walnut, thanks for the info, I have a small electric heater that I could use also two of the parafin heaters,they were ok one year, but what a chore filling up during the winter months. Need to sort myself out with another small greenhouse - Had a years rest from gardening, as it's been George's 80th year we have been living it up, off to the East Coast for a weeks rest,departing in one hour - more chat when we return - sorry not sure how to do the little pics, need more practice !

12. annej

annej Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks, My other half has almost finished erecting our polytunnel, only power,light and water to go in and I'm on my way! Haven't mastered photobucket yet but will post pics soon as.

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Anne I'll look forward to seeing your pictures, if you are having problems 'doing' photobucket look up the below thread and away you go.

How to use photobucket.

If I can master it anyone can! :D
    Helen.xxx.